3D Copy Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Copy 3D Copy Confusion

Hi, I've been reading these threads for days and still can't make a 3D Backup of Hotel Transylvania.
    Using DVDFab 8227.
    Started with 3D disk -> HD (Clone)
    Then
    Source = iso file
    Target = HD (convert to SBS, main movie, BD25)
    Then
    Source = converted movie
    Target = BD drive using write data & DVD Fab burning engine (not imgburn)
    Then
    DVDFab asks for DL disk to be inserted.

What am I doing wrong????

Hotel Transylvania

'Problem here also. Attempting to back-up the main movie only with V.8.2.2.7, and it stops at 33% of the rip and grinds.
    Last edited by rick3711; 02-09-2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

LDLDL:I don't know why you would want to make a 25 gig side by side unless you don't have a 3d blu-ray player as you can make a 25 gig whole disk or main movie in full 3d (1080p in each eye).

Make sure when you load the iso into fab you check the little box on the page bottom it lets you pick between 25 gigs and 50 gigs.If it still asks for a 50 gig disk then post your log file.

Comment

I'm still confused on the bluray side by side option. Will this play in a 2d blu ray player? If so this works great for me as my media player supports blu ray and even has a blu ray drive but it is only 2d.

Comment

LDLDL:Yes that's the main advantage of side by side 3d because they are not blu rays but data files like any other computer file any blu ray player that can play data disks can play these side by side disks made on blu-ray disks.Thats almost every bluray player except maybe the very first players on the market.

Now lets take it a step further because these side by side files are computer files they can also be compressed down to fit on regular 4.5 and 8.5 regular dvd disks and guess what they will play on a regular dvd player in 3d and 1080p.The 2 layer 8.5 gig disks almost look as good as a 25 gig disk.They are all in 1080p in 1 eye and less resolution in the other when played your brain gets tricked into seeing a full 1080p resolution picture.I also say i feel using single layer 4.5 disks for this purpose is pushing it but fine for the kids or grandma.

So you can copy a store brought 3d or blu-ray that's 50 gig and put it on a blu-ray disk in this side by side computer format uncompressed or compressed to a 25 gig blu ray to be played on non 3d blu ray players also with hd sound.By the way you need a 3d tv to view any of these disks or you just get 2 side by side pictures its your tv that turns them back into one 3d picture.

You can take the same 50 gig store brought 3d blu-ray and compress it down to this computer format side by side 3d to single layer cheap DVDs or 2 layer 8.5 gig regular DVDs and play with grandmas non 3d,non blu ray player as long as it will play data files as that's what this is a data file.I don't want to confuse you but in main movie you can also do different resolutions so far we only talked about 1080p.

Of cause any blu ray player that can play data disks will also play these compressed to regular DVDs disks saving much money on backups.
          I do hope your cleared up now as 3d school 101 is now over for today come back tomorrow to learn more.
          Last edited by glenns; 02-14-2013, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X