X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripped movie has no picture ?!!?

Hi,

I'm using DVDFab Blue-Ray 6.2.0.5.

When ripping movies, I select the BD9 720P option (to keep the file size down), and main movie only. It rips the movie to a large 5Gig file, but when I play it I only get audio, the screen is black. From the file size, it would seem that the video stream was included, but it's not viewable (in CyberLink PowerDVD).

When I try to convert the file to an MPEG4 format using HandBrake, the result there is also a file with audio, but no picture.

I've tried multiple blue-ray disks with the same result (Gi-Joe, and Public Enemies).

Any suggestions ?

Clarification: No picture on any media player...

Just to clarify further, there is no visible picture when the generated file is played on any media player (PowerDVD, KMPlayer, VLC etc.).

Comment

Try with 6.2.1.0.

Also try a different compress mode and also one time no compression at all.

Is the original working fine?
      人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
      Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Where do you get 6.2.1.0 from ?...the latest when I click Doneload ont he DVDFab website is 6.2.0.5 ?!?!

The originals work fine, I watched them both before trying to back them up !

Comment

人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
          Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Downloaded and installed 6.2.1.0 and tried ripping a preview from the BlueRay (just as a quickie test) under BD9 720....issue remains (sound but no video). I'll try the preview with no compression and see how that works...

Comment

Try another player than PowerDVD.

VLC is a free download and far better.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Ok....with no compression it worked !

So...looks like you have some bugs to sort out, but I have something that works now !

Thanx !!!

Comment

As I said, try another player before saying that it is a bug because a lot of other users have reported only success.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I went back to BD9 720 mode and ripped the same preview....and opened in VLC...:-)
                    Still no video, but I get audio.....so the moral of the story seems to be, using compression with this new version doesn't work, but no compression does....good enough for now !...thanx !

Comment

Thanx for the pointer to the new version BTW...that saved the day !

Comment

is 720p a selected video resolution for your media player?

Comment

I didn't select specific resolutions for any of the players I tried...and I tried a bunch...it worked when I ripped with no compression at the 1080P, but if I used 720P the file was unviable in all the players I tried (KMPlayer, PowerDVD, VLC).

Comment

Working...
                          X