Copy Speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy Speeds

For those of you who are wondering, and i am myself on a few things, i have been doing testing over the last week, and after hours and hours of research/playing around with settings i have the following to show :

First of all - Do not buy Windows 8 - Windows 8 sucks - it will not allow you to install DVDFAB 8.

I reverted back to Windows 7 and all is well now :

Here is my setup :
    Asus P8Z77-V PRO
    Intel I7-3770K
    GTX 560 2GB
    250 GB SSD
    2 TB HDD

After several attempts and research i have the following :

Conversion from BLURAY COPY
    50GB FULL DISC to 25 GB FULL DISK- WITH CUDA - AVERAGE 10 MB/S - 2 HOURS APPROX AND LOTS OF WEAR AND TEAR ON GRAPHICS CARD
    50GB FULL DISC TO 25GB FULL DISH - ALL CODECS DISABLED - AVERAGE SPEED OF 15 MB/S CONVERSION

PLEASE NOTE THAT INTEL QUICK SYNC IS NOT AVAILABLE WHEN COPYING FULL DISC DOWN TO FULL DISC 25.

QUICK SYNC IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN RIPPER

INTEL QUICK SYNC - CONVERSION TO MKV/H264 - AVERAGE 150 FRAMES PER SECOND!!!!!!

IS MY AVERAGE OF 15 MB/S GOOD FOR CONVERTING WHOLE DISC DOWN INCLUDING MENUS AND EVERYTHING?

ALSO AM I WRONG WHEN I SAY QUICK SYNC ISN'T AVAILABLE FOR THIS OPTION - NEVER COULD GET IT TO WORK, ONLY WOULD WORK IN RIPPER.

"First of all - Do not buy Windows 8 - Windows 8 sucks - it will not allow you to install DVDFAB 8."

You should do some research before making false statements like this, I and many others have version 8 running fine on Windows 8.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I take issue here too, I had Windows 8 installed and DVDFab ran fine. I went back to Windows 7 for other reasons.

Yes, Quick Sync IS available when compressing a 50GB disk down to 25GB, so long as the video is H264. VC1 is another story, but not very common these days.

As 90312 found out, Quick Sync on the i7-3770K, which we both have, is probably your fastest option right now for compressing down H264 video. If DVDFab was to support SLI or CrossFire maybe that would change.

Right now for me, converting a 50GB H264 disk down to 25GB run's anywhere from 25 minutes to 45 minutes, depending on the disk and using Quick Sync.

Comment

After the disk scans, over in the right column click details if it says 1080p/VC1 you can count on it taking a couple hours or more and Quick Sync will not be available. I'll attach a screenshot:
        Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Are you going straight from disk to hard drive when converting? Fastest i have gotten a whole disc to compress is about 60-70 minutes and i have the same setup you do. What were ur exact settings to get it to compress so fast?

Comment

I have not compressed from 50 to 25, but I compressed a 2 hour movie to a BD9 = 30gb to around 8 gb. With CUDA off and presumably using quick sync on my windows 8 PC with an overclocked 3770K, it took around 20 minutes from BR drive to hard disk. This was using the current version of DVD Fab.

I thought it was a tad slow, but looking at your results....perhaps not?

CUDA was not very good, the output was not quite as good and it actually took slightly longer on my GTX680, plus loading up the card big time. far better to load the processor to around 90% with QS.

P.S. Windows 8 is great, I sometimes think people just don't like change and knock what is a nice operating system.

Comment

Windows 8 would constantly give me weird errors on the SATA controller, even with the latest Windows 8 SATA drivers. This never happened on Windows 7 before I switched to Windows 8, or after I switched back to Windows 7. Then there was the weird freezes or the restarts that would take forever then crash among other things.

All these problems are 100% absent since going back to Windows 7.

A "nice" operating system, I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
                Windows 8 would constantly give me weird errors on the SATA controller, even with the latest Windows 8 SATA drivers. This never happened on Windows 7 before I switched to Windows 8, or after I switched back to Windows 7. Then there was the weird freezes or the restarts that would take forever then crash among other things.

All these problems are 100% absent since going back to Windows 7.

A "nice" operating system, I think not.
                Exactly, and I tired of the dark blue screen and spinning wheel "Windows has detected a problem and must restart". I might try it again after service pack 2.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Must be specific hardware issues, I must admit to have had no problems at all, even with quite a hefty overclock and all the hardware. The only item was a card reader, which the builders had forgotten to install specific software for and Windows 8 would run it generically, it would not be reliable. Fixed when I installed the manufacturers driver software.

Comment

Working...
                  X