Hanging at 'Finishing Installation'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanging at 'Finishing Installation'

Hello, I've been having trouble installing the latest DVDFab, and it occurs in both 8.2.2.7 and 9.0.2.6. It goes through the install, then hangs on the finishing installation part at the end.

If I cancel the install and reboot, it won't run. If I try to uninstall, I get a similar problem where it hangs on 'Uninstalling DVDFab 8...' (or 9) .

I saw several other threads but nothing seems to help. I've disabled all firewall/anti virus, run as administrator etc... I'm on Windows 7 pro, 64bit and never had this with any other version of DVDfab in the past.

I do have dual ATI HD5750's, and just upgraded the video driver. Perhaps there's some kind of conflict there?

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Some have reported issues with the SDK installed?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Right on 90312! I didn't install the SDK in the driver. I went back and reinstalled with the AMD SDK, and now everything is working again.

Thanks!

Comment

Honestly I thought the problem was when it was installed, but whatever works right!
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Just to clarify - I reinstalled the AMD driver with SDK option enabled (i unchecked previously).

Then I re-ran the DVDFAB install/uninstall and everything works.

Comment

Working...
          X