Ended up doing 3D/SBS conversion of Hotel Trans. - Odd results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Copy Ended up doing 3D/SBS conversion of Hotel Trans. - Odd results

So I copied my Hotel Transylvania into a Movie Only / SBS .iso file.

The file plays fine when I test it with PowerDVD on my computer, but when I move the .iso (or convert to .mkv) and play it on my WD Media box, there is no audio.
    How strange is that?

I don't see any prior posts about Hotel Transylvania anywhere - and since it plays fine on the computer, I would not expect there to be any problems playing thru WD Media box.

Huh.

It only is like this on the English audio. The commentary track and other languages are fine.
    (I think the Cinavia is on the English track on this one, but never had a problem w/Cinavia when playing back on the WD media box)

Maybe I'll go back and try to convert using version 8.x instead of 9.x
    Last edited by dgrams; 02-24-2013, 04:32 AM.

I have a 50 gig iso,8.5 gig m2ts side by side,and converted 1 file to mkv side by side of this movie and all play fine on my Micca media player.

Try a different Sony movie with Cinavia and see if it will play on your media player.Maybe you got a firmware update on the media player that includes the Cinavia infection if so see if you can convert back to the older firmware.

I keep a copy of each firmware for my player so if they ever put Cinavia in a update i can revert back to older firmware.I am able to go backwards in firmware i hope you can also should a update effect you.The Cinavia is always in the main English sound track not the others.

Comment

Just tried 2 other cinavia movies I have backed up on the unit and they play just fine. So, we should be okay there. I never heard of Cinavia showing up on media players.. Hopefully that never happens.

Comment

Took my iso that I made from DVDFab, and loaded it up in MakeMKV and noticed when the default track selections came up from my .iso file.. that there was an English 2.0 track under the 5.1 that was unchecked. I checked this one to convert as well with the mkv file.. and when it was done converting, I finally had sound.
        So somehow it seems as the sound is there in my .iso.. but not active. Not really sure how to explain that.. but oh well.
        Still doesnt seem like anyone else had this problem, but still wanted to post what I did to get my sound going for my backup file.

Comment

Working...
        X