X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to burn to BD25

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
    DVDfab 6.2.0.5 Blu-ray to Blu-ray (licensed)
    VSO burning engine
    GPU Acceleration off
    Memorex BD-R 25GB
    Harry Potter 6 Region A

Set to BD-25 at 23700. Backed up main movie. Failed to burn. Burn again never actuated drive/recognized blank disc. Canceled and tried to write data using ripped folder.

Opens and reads folder ok. If I switch to Write Data using compressed folder from first try, I get the following message: "Media inserted into drive D: is not double layer blu-ray disc. Please insert a double layer blu-ray to start the write process."

If I switch back to Main Move, it shows BD25 1080P still selected. Shows (23.511 GB -> 23.145 GB). If select next to try to rip to a new folder and burn it rips saying no compression needed during the copy and then fails to burn again. Disc is empty and was never accessed like the first time.

Second folder acts the same as the first when trying toburn using write data.

This is second backup since purchasing Blu-ray option. First was Star Trek main movie to Memorex BD-R 25 and was successful.

How can I burn the saved/ compressed folder to a single layer disc and what is causing the burn to not start after the rip?

Thanks for any help, Gino.

There seems to be a known, "movie only" size issue (where the movie only size seems like it's not calculated properly) with movies that contain BD+, such as Taken, HP6 and others. I know they are looking at it and I know there are lots of posts regarding it in this forum. There is a work around in the thread about the movie Taken.

I guess we have to be patient.
    Last edited by Methos; 12-18-2009, 11:35 PM.

Comment

The method I use always works...maybe give a try.

Save main movie to a folder on your PC. Sometimes selecting the BD25 option the movie is still too large, if thats the case, manually enter a lower custom size like ~ 22 gb

Then use the program Imgburn, write files to disc using profile UDF 2.5

Drag and drop the BDMV and Certificate folder into imgburn.

It will calculate total size and let you know if it fits or not. Burn away!

Its real easy, and I never have issues.
      Last edited by crackinhedz; 12-19-2009, 01:13 AM.

Comment

I've been on holiday. Just returned. Thanks for work around. Ripped to smaller BD size (22700 vs 23700) and then to disc. Worked like a charm.
        Last edited by Gino; 01-01-2010, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X