Need to convert DTS to AC3 even when selecting BD50 or BD25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to convert DTS to AC3 even when selecting BD50 or BD25

Is there any way to get DVDFab to convert the DTS track to AC3 even when selecting a 100% quality option (i.e. BD50 or BD25)?

I'm ripping some Blu-Rays in order to encode them in another program (where I have fine control over the encoder options.) Unfortunately, the other program does not allow me to input DTS audio tracks. I therefore need to convert the DTS audio to AC3 in DVDFab. It can apparently do this, but only when it's set to reduce the size of the rip to BD9 or below, which I definitely do NOT want to do -- I want to make a 100% copy of the BD to the hard drive, which means that I have to choose either BD50 or BD25. When I set it to either of these settings, however, I no longer have the option to convert the audio -- the "Convert DTS/LPCM audio to AC3" option has no checkbox.

Is there any way to get this to work -- i.e. to have the OPTION to convert the audio to AC3 regardless of the disc size (and quality level) I select? I'm unclear why the option is completely unavailable when it's still useful in certain situations. Why not just always allow the option?

Ironically, based on the forum posts I've been reading, it looks like there used to be a bug in DVDFab that was doing exactly what I want it to do -- i.e. it was converting audio to AC3 even when this box was NOT checked.

Thanks for any help with this,

Larry

PS. Does the version 9 beta allow this?

Go to the Copy-> Customize, and check all titles then Convert DTS/LPCM audio to AC3
    I'm not a genius, but to make every effort to do it.
    Edison

Comment

We will enable "DTS to AC3" for BD25/BD50 output in future versions, thanks for your suggestion.
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by Fighterman View Post
        Go to the Copy-> Customize, and check all titles then Convert DTS/LPCM audio to AC3
        I'm unable to find any "Customize" selection as you describe. Could you be more specific?

Note that I do see the line that says "Convert DTS/LPCM audio to AC3" on the page with the "Start" button, but as mentioned above, there is no checkbox next to this line when using a 100% quality (i.e. BD50 or BD25) option.

Thanks,

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
          We will enable "DTS to AC3" for BD25/BD50 output in future versions, thanks for your suggestion.
          That's good news! I'll keep my eye open for updates.

Thanks,

Larry

PS. I take it that this is not already included with the version 9 beta, correct?

Comment

Working...
          X