No copy to network location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No copy to network location

Its been a while so I thought I would give V9 another shot, but for my purpose I can still not use it instead of v8.

The main reason I never used it to start with is that I could not copy my movies direct to a network location. I thought this was a feature that just had not been added yet, however it is still not there or I am not understanding how something in v9 works.

Is this option coming to v9, and when, or can someone tell me how I use it if it is already there? I only rip/copy all my movies direct to a server (always done with previous version of Fab)

It has been done for a long while. Please make sure you have the permission to write files in a network server and run DVDFab as administrator. What's more, there are more free space for writing in server.

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
      It has been done for a long while. Please make sure you have the permission to write files in a network server and run DVDFab as administrator. What's more, there are more free space for writing in server.
      I have the same problem, DVD8 shows the network locations, my PC shows the network locations, but DVD9 does not show network locations.

DVD9 is v9031 and there is no showing of mapped network drives, or the ability to browse the network.

Comment

As you known, you should map the network drives firstly.
        Launch Fab and click the open source button, click "My Computer" icon in the left tab,which will list all drives including network drives. You also can drag the drives to the left tab.
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure how you are seeing those, mine do not show up in the dialog for opening the source in any dialog in DVD9.

They are mapped and all other apps can see the mapped drives, DVD8 see's them fine, but DVD 9 shows only local drives. I have mapped drives from a a WHS2011 server, a WHSV2 server a Dlink NAS and a networked Netware drive.

All of my mapped drives have the same credentials across the network and all belong to the same homegroup where available.

What method are you mapping the drives on your system? Anything special? My Dlink is used via net use X IP\shared folder and the rest were added via the map drive dialog. All are on the same subnet...

What is especially suspect is that DVD8 can see them, but not DVD9.

Comment

As you known, you should map the network drives firstly.
            Launch Fab and click the open source button, click "My Computer" icon in the left tab,which will list all drives including network drives. You also can drag the drives to the left tab.
            Sorry Terry, but with v8 there is no need to map drives first, it works with SMB/CIFS and you can simply select the network location from the file menu. This doesnt work with v9.

<start rant> I fail to see why it should be necessary to map network locations, this is an antiquated networking process with no place in a home network and minimal benefits in commercial networks with modern operation systems, quite frankly it should die a natural death. <end rant sorry>

It is your program and I am only 1 user (however I dont believe the only) but I am disappointed that proper functionality found in v8 has been left out of v9 and it appears there is no intent to implement it. I will continue to use v8 as it remains the only functioning version at this time that serves my requirements.
            Last edited by K1LL3M; 03-26-2013, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Hi K1LL3M,
              You can enter the network location in the File Name Editor and then click "Open" button to select network drives. Please give a try.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi K1LL3M,
                You can enter the network location in the File Name Editor and then click "Open" button to select network drives. Please give a try.
                Thank you Terry that worked and Fab saves it for future selection so there is no need to retype every time, so I'm happy. I feel like a bit of tool for not having tried that actually

Apologies for the rant and I will give v9 a real go over Easter now that I can copy straight to a network location

Thanks for helping

Comment

Glad to hear it and enjoy yourself.

Comment

Working...
                  X