Degraded Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Degraded Performance

Since 9.0.2.8 (I think) my performance has really dropped when I'm ripping BD's. I don't have a super fast PC that I rip BD's on but it has never taken this long. It use to take maybe 5 hours to rip a BD but now it is taking over a day. When I look at the MBS transfer rate now and it never seems to get above 1 MBS. I think it use to get to 4 MBS or greater. I do rip to a network drive but again, this has never been a problem. Has something changed in the product. I am running the most current beta.

Thanks.

Hi Happytobehere2000,
    Please do a deep clearn of your PC and update your Fab to the latest release. Go to Common settings->General->General, click Reset DMA. Then try it again.

Comment

Thanks for the comment. Can you help me with "A deep clean" of your PC and what you suggest I do? Grealy appreciate any specifics you can provide.

Comment

Go on the web get a free program ccleaner use it to clean your drive of all old files then clean your registry with it next this cleans old junk that can cause error's.

When you download this program uncheck any other program that downloads with it their ad-wear junk.Use the program weekly or monthly it will keep your system running better and faster without errors.

Then re set your DMA in fab settings and restart your computer.Make sure you didn't uncheck the box in Fab software settings that resets DMA every time you restart your computer this way it does it every time you restart your computer if it needs it.

Comment

Hi Happytobehere2000
          I clean out my computer frequently, here are my steps.

To clean the computer of old data and junk I use a free tool called CCleaner found here http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
          You may get a prompt about deleting the junk, don't worry, you will be OK click yes and delete it.

First I use the cleaner option until nothing is found, then I use the registry option until nothing is found.
          You will get a prompt if you would like to backup your registry before fixing it, I never do, I click fix all, as I trust this software and have never had a problem with it.

Next I defrag the Hdd with Defraggler found here http://www.piriform.com/defraggler and defrag my entire drive.
          It may take awhile depending on the fragmentation

You will be amazed at the garbage that is constantly stored on your computer which never leaves without some maintenance.
          Hope this helps
          CBR929

Sorry glenns, didn't see you
          Last edited by CBR929; 03-27-2013, 01:09 AM.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

CBR929:Two heads working together better than one.

Comment

Thanks for the insight and help.

I have used ccleaner in the past but have transitioned to using Glary. I can try ccleaner if you think it will help but wanted to provide some other data points.

1. I used Glary and had it clean hd, registry, temp files, etc. Ran twice to make sure nothing was "sticking". Looked clean.
              2. I reset the RMA which required a reboot.
              3. I re-ran my "BD Full Disc Copy" (BD to hard drive) of Lincoln. No change. Max throughput of .6mbs. Took about 24 hours to complete.
              4.Then to make sure it was not the network I tried sending the output to a local "C" drive. No change. Max of .6mbs.
              5. I re-installed 9.0.2.8 production verion (01/03/2013 release). Back to normal. 4+mbs and done in about 4 hours. Did a comparison of the 2 outputss (number of files, folders,and size) and they looked the same.

So it looks like something changed with the Beta, at least in my environment.

The other thing I noticed was what shows up during the screen during the copy process is different. In 9.0.2.8 you see a percentage complet. In the most recent Beta 9.0.3.1 you only see an elapsed time and estimated time to completion.

So I'm going to stick with the current production but it seems like, at least in my environment, it's a lot slower.

Open to other ideas and happy to provide more information

Comment

Working...
              X