X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disk to play on PC

HI

I've just tested my new reader and writer for the PC and I found on here that it was better to create an image of the file, which went ok.

Did the transfer last night and now the disk won't play on the PC but does play on my PS3.

I was wondering if there was a setting that I've missed or anything you can advise? I'm using Cyberlink V8.

Thanks

Finalize the Disc?

I think if its a BD25-R you have to close the session (Finalize) It may be a check mark you have to tick in your burning software settings.

Comment

Thanks for that. I'm using a BD-R 50GB disk and couldn't see anything under the settings about the disk closure. It did say on the player (just tested again) that this disk is unsupported (or along those lines).

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by radar20 View Post
        HI
        I've just tested my new reader and writer for the PC and I found on here that it was better to create an image of the file, which went ok.

Did the transfer last night and now the disc won't play on the PC but does play on my PS3.
        Transfer? you mean you burned the image file to a disk and that disc will play on your PS3 but not your computer?

I'm using a BD-R 50GB disk and couldn't see anything under the settings about the disk closure. It did say on the player (just tested again) that this disk is unsupported (or along those lines).
        Now are you talking about the PC or another stand alone player?
        Read the Help Us Help You document (link in my sig) and post the info requested, thanks.

Comment

Hi W&B

To answer the questions and I'll post the logs in a few minutes.

Transfer? you mean you burned the image file to a disk and that disc will play on your PS3 but not your computer?
          Answer - Yes thats correct, it did burn correctly and won't play on the PC (unless I'm missing abit of software) but will play fine on the PS3.

Now are you talking about the PC or another stand alone player?
          Answer - This referred to the Cyberlink software on the PC.

Comment

Files attached

Info requestion on PC:

If this happens with all discs or just one
            A - Just on In the loop disk (first time I have tried this)

Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
            A - XP Pro, Intel 2 Quad Core Q9950 @ 2.83Ghz, 3.25Gb Ram

If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
            A - None

If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
            A - No changes

If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.
            A - Only thing recently installed is the CYberlink BD Solutions that came with the drive and updated it
            Attached Files

Comment

2009-12-14 19:29:16 Info Incompatible disc.
              2009-12-14 19:29:14 Info Compatible media types : DVD-R, DVD-RW Seq., DVD-RW RO, DVDRAM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW, DL DVD+R, DL DVD-R, Blu Ray-R Seq., Blu Ray-R Rnd., Blu Ray-RE
              2009-12-14 19:29:14 Info Drive has Serial ATA physical interface
              2009-12-14 19:29:14 Info New Drive selected : 2:1:0 - PIONEER BD-RW BDR-203 1.10 [D] (Ide)

I have this same drive and all I can think of is the included VSO burn engine is being buggy (happens for lots of users)
              Completely strange that it plays fine on the PS3, Try ImgBurn (link in my sig) and watch Troy512's video on how to set it up with Fab. In his first link is the video and it also show's how to set the aws (automatic write speed) per Media id (mid).

Comment

Thanks for that. Just installed it and done both configurations so will have to get another blank disk and see if that works.

CHeers

Comment

Oh

I take it I just use DVD fab as usual and it will auto load and close the burn software as stated?

Comment

I take it I just use DVD fab as usual and it will auto load and close the burn software as stated?
                    Correct, provided you set it up correctly per Troy512's video, it will not require any user input at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X