Read Errors on Discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read Errors on Discs

I'm unable to convert a Blu-ray that had read errors during the copy process. I have to ignore all to complete the copy. I'm now unable to convert these to a bd-25. It stops converting where the read error occurred. It will play on a video player, but it does skip where the read error was located. The original disc does skip in a blu-ray at the same spot. Is there a way for the conversion to skip if it has errors during a conversion like it does during the read process?

You need a new disk...

Comment

If you have deep scratches forget it but if their minor a product called scratch out may work you can find a 3.5 oz tube in Walmart for about $5.00.Its' always best to copy a disk when new.

Comment

The issue is I have the blu-ray ripped to the hard drive using 9.0.3.3 after clicking ignore all. I'm unable to compress it now as it freezes on the data error section. I have tried using a different software called Other Software and it did not stay frozen on the data error. I think there is an issue in 9.0.3.3 that isn't skipping over data errors in the conversion.
        Last edited by CBR929; 04-19-2013, 09:27 PM. Reason: Forum rules

Comment

If there is a read error on the disk, then the resulting data file will be corrupt. You need to take the disk back to the store and change it.

Comment

I understand about the error on the disc and returning it. Sometimes that is not possible. I think the program should be able to handle these types of errors. It does when it reads the data from the disc. It does not when it does a conversion. I pointed out that other software programs will ignore them, but 9.0.3.3 does not. If it is not fixed then I will have to use another program to resolve the issue.

Comment

Hi,
              Please clean the disc with something like Winhex, wiping with a soft cloth from the center outward, not in a circular motion and try again.To check if the disc is bad Download VSO Inspector found here http://www.vso-software.fr/products/.../inspector.php
              Play the movie in a soft player like windows media player, as the movie itself is playing pause it but do not exit out of it, just minimize the screen. Now start VSO Inspector and run a scan of the disc, if you have any errors then you have a bad disc.

Thanks.
              User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
              For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
              For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
              For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Is there any way to skip a bad sectors during a conversion? Like I said before I am able to use another software to convert it without error. When I try dvdfab it just freezes on conversion.

Comment

The issue I'm seeing with other software is that a bad frame is detected. It appears that 9.0.3.5 isn't able to get past a bad frame. The time just keeps going and it isn't processing any more data as the data rate isn't even showing on the screen.

Comment

I'm having the same issue so I thought maybe it was v9 issue so I went back to v8 same thing right at 80% Analyzing Started it has a read error I have clean the disc 5 time to N/A I have looked at it until I'm crossed eyed THERE IS NO SCRATCHES except a little dimple on the inside ring and I don't think it reads that far in BUT it plays from start to finish no problems. So Go Figure.. Haven't try another software MORE MONEY!! Like everybody said there is a scratch but man if this thing is scratch I can't tell it is flawless I've cleaned and cleaned it still.. read error: 11 12035168 21990835 18444737 4 same place every time..

Originally posted by electro View Post
                    The issue I'm seeing with other software is that a bad frame is detected. It appears that 9.0.3.5 isn't able to get past a bad frame. The time just keeps going and it isn't processing any more data as the data rate isn't even showing on the screen.

Comment

I just tried 9.0.3.6. I'm having the same issue. This time the whole program crashed.

Comment

Dimples are defective disks the start of a disk begins from the inside ring their should be no defects in the disk.

Comment

I exchanged the disk and it's copying now BUT I'm still having an issue of why copying just a main movie it's taking 4 hours for a 2 hour movie. Running 9.0.3.6.

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                          Dimples are defective disks the start of a disk begins from the inside ring their should be no defects in the disk.

Comment

As much trouble as you had with that disc if the controller is IDE it may have rolled back to PIO mode. I think the magic number for I/O errors is 6 on an IDE controller. Check it and make sure it is set to a DMA channel.
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Go into Fabs settings tick the check for DMA now and rebote your computer and see if this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X