Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Copy mysterious 3d problem

hi
    can someone help me with this one i'm stumped and just can't work this out.

I used blu ray 3d copy to make back ups of my 3d blu rays, which all worked , i shrunk them down to 25gb and put them on disc and they all worked fine apart from tintin . which despite trying a million times every time i put it on disc no 3d just 2d.

Anyway i decided to get a media player to make life easier , save on the cost of blu ray disc's and thought if i put the backups on there at 25gb or below it would give me loads of space.
    Most of them work fine in 3d, but some don't and this is the mystery.

The back-up disc's load in fab as 3d , you can see the 3d option .
    when you clone or main movie or full disc some of the disc's come out 2d. really really odd.

Titanic for example from back up disc shows as 3d but comes out 2d on media player iso file.
    so does brave, journey 2 mysterious island, harry potter,

But wait for it, if you get the original blu ray disc at full size and clone to media player the 3d works fine on all 3d blu rays, even my worst enemy tintin

Does anyone have a clue why this is. Obviously i can clone all the originals at full size, but it takes up a lot more space.
    Last edited by mrbasilbrush; 04-30-2013, 09:50 AM.

Hi,

I don't know why this problem will be, but I know it.

I have a HiMedia Media Player...

and I tested lots of possibilities and what will work or not:

If I shrink the main movie of a 3D movie with Fab 8 to an ISO, it will play in 3D!
    If I shrink the main movie of a 3D movie with Fab 9 to an ISO, it will not play in 3D!

ok... this should be a problem with Fab 9...

but the inapprehensible is:

If the main movie is so little, that I don't shrink it to an ISO, the movie only will run only in 2D.

Please check your ISOs with Daemon Tools... if you will find the SSIF folder in the ISO, then it will play in 3D...
    Grüße...
    Puebi

Comment

I think this is a region 2 UK and Germany problem as they also have the black screen problem with Fox disks.

I have almost all the 3d region 1 movies converted to side by side 3d without problems.

Have you tried to make 25 gig side by side 3d with blu ray copy and see if this will work for you?
      The same 3d effects carry over into side by side so give it a try.

If you make full 3d folders you must use fab burning engine (checked in software) when burning these to your media player's hard drive to come out in 3d.
      Last edited by glenns; 04-30-2013, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Also try making the conversions this way:
        What I do is make a 50 gig clone to hard drive first then all in one process keeping the file a iso all the way through having Fab putting the 25 gig iso on my media player hard drive.

I reduce the 50 gig iso to 25 gigs outputting the iso as a iso going to my media players hard drive so fab keeps the movie in Iso form all the way to my media player's hard drive done all in 1 process.Just make sure you change the output to iso and have it go right to your media player's hard drive.
        Last edited by glenns; 04-30-2013, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
          I think this is a region 2 UK and Germany problem as they also have the black screen problem with Fox disks.

I have almost all the 3d region 1 movies converted to side by side 3d without problems.

Have you tried to make 25 gig side by side 3d with blu ray copy and see if this will work for you?
          The same 3d effects carry over into side by side so give it a try.

If you make full 3d folders you must use fab burning engine (checked in software) when burning these to your media player's hard drive to come out in 3d.
          trying it now ps i am using fabs burning engine

Comment

A different burn engine for dvd write and blu ray write can be selected in version 9.

Make sure under blu ray write that the burner selected is Fab burning engine some of the people I help in pm's are making this mistake because you can choice burning engines for each with the newer versions of 9.

Also 1 recent version of 9 didn't keep your settings in software so go back and make sure the Fab burning engine is selected for blu ray burning.

If the side by side doesn't work post the log file (I am willing to bet it works) you should also post log files any time you have trouble with the other's you had trouble with so developers can look at them also as they may not have region 2 disks handy to see if they can produce the same results leading to fixing the main problem.
            Last edited by glenns; 04-30-2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Hi Glenns,

Also try making the conversions this way:
              What I do is make a 50 gig clone to hard drive first then all in one process keeping the file a iso all the way through having Fab putting the 25 gig iso on my media player hard drive.

I reduce the 50 gig iso to 25 gigs outputting the iso as a iso going to my media players hard drive so fab keeps the movie in Iso form all the way to my media player's hard drive done all in 1 process.Just make sure you change the output to iso and have it go right to your media player's hard drive.
              please try the following:

with Fab9, take an ISO from a 3D movie, make a REAL 3D (not SBS!!!) copy from main movie WITHOUT shrinking and then copy the ISO to your Media Player and start. Result: NO 3D, only 2D. The same movie as complete ISO will run in 3D...
              only ISOs from main movie creating with Fab8 with shrinking will run in 3D...
              please try and give an answer, it's a mistake in Fab...
              Grüße...
              Puebi

Comment

A different burn engine for dvd write and blu ray write can be selected in version 9.

Make sure under blu ray write that the burner selected is Fab burning engine some of the people I help in pm's are making this mistake because you can choice burning engines for each with the newer versions of 9.

Also 1 recent version of 9 didn't keep your settings in software so go back and make sure the Fab burning engine is selected for blu ray burning.

If the side by side doesn't work post the log file (I am willing to bet it works) you should also post log files any time you have trouble with the other's you had trouble with so developers can look at them also as they may not have region 2 disks handy to see if they can produce the same results leading to fixing the main problem.
                side by side works fine in 3d

Comment

Originally posted by mrbasilbrush View Post
                  side by side works fine in 3d
                  Yes, but side by side will not be Full HD, only Half HD. Therefor I only use Real 3D copy, never SBS.
                  Grüße...
                  Puebi

Comment

The side by side 25 gig or smaller is a workaround for movies that won't compress to 25 gig and play in media player or on disk as 3d.
                    Their are problems with Fab and 3d that must be fixed but for now I offer a workaround that works.Keep in mind I don't work for Fab but I do try to offer assistance till developers reproduce this and fix it.

I think the 3d 25 gig looks great on my 8 foot projection screen and my 60 inch plasma and Pubperball I challenge you to take a 25 gig full 3d and a 25 gig side by side and tell the difference between the two without knowing which is playing.Even though the side by side has less resolution in 1 eye the human eye puts the two images together and few people can tell the difference. I did this challenge with dozens of people comparing the 2 without telling people what they were watching only 1 in 25 can tell the difference and that one will be a video expert.Don't knock it to you try my challenge.

Pubperball I will try your problem with my region 1 disks and report back results when done here.

Comment

Pueberall I have tried your problem with a region 1 disk of Rise of the Guardians 3d and was able to pull the main movie out of the 50 gig iso using blu ray copy version 9 (9.0.3.8) full 3d and had no problem playing the movie in 3d.

Matter of fact I made a reduced full disk 25 gig copy as well as the 50 gig iso all played in my Micca 3d media player in 3d no problems at all.

This seems to be a region 2 3d problem.

Please recheck that your keeping it a iso from the very start- clone store brought disk to 50 gig iso with Fab,then take that iso load it in virtual drive 1.4.1.0.

Now open Fab the movie should load into Fab in a few seconds then click on Fab bluray copy reduce to 25 gig or just do main movie and output to your media players hard drive as a iso(Not your computers drive unless that's the drive your using with the media player) so in the output box should be the name of the movie iso and the drive your using for the media player so fab does everything for you all in 1 process.

Now if making full 3d click next that brings you to the 3d page make full 3d disk should already be checked for you hit start when done their should be a iso of the movie on your media players hard drive and if your media player plays movies in 3d from iso's it should work.It doe's for region 1 disks.If it doesn't work after trying it this way and you know your media player can play 3d's from iso's then post your log files so the developers can take a look at them.

Comment

I have discovered a possible reason for some user's not being able to play 3d iso's on their 3d media players.

I have found on my Micca G2 media player 3d iso's will play in 3d if played back with direct play or bd light but if you play them back on bd 1.0 then they only play in 2d.It's possible this only effects Micca g2 media players.

Playing back with the 1.0 feature is ment for older 1.0 disks (without) internet access for downloading extra's and up to date trailers.If you have a older disk like this the media player will play all menus and extra's on the disk.If you play a 3d disk in this mode the 3d movie play's in 2d.

Hope this can help some of you having the 3d movie not playing in 3d on your media player.

Comment

Recipe for 3D

Glenns,

Is there a place for tips to make a 3D copy of a BD? I like to sometimes copy to disk, and have on a hard drive where most of my copies reside. I am new to 3d but have been making regular copies of BDs for years.

So far none of my copies will play in 3D. I copy to BDRE disks so there is no waste of disks, but I am doing something wrong.

On my first attempt, I copied a 3D BD to a file. I selected the 3D option on first try. I then used the file to make a BDRE disk. I was not asked to select:
                          3D or 2D or 3D SBS. I made the copy, but it came out 2D.

On my next attempt I put in original disk as source and tried to output to disk as an ISO file selecting 3D SBS. This process took hours and resulted in a file 55 GB big. I tried to copy the movie title only out of this file but couldn't get it to work.

To make a very long story short, I have tried many combinations to no avail. If you could direct me to a tip sheet on making 3D copies I would greatly appreciate it.
                          Last edited by Whale2; 05-08-2013, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Hi Whale2
                            Please see this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=20778
                            CBR929
                            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Just what I needed

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                              Hi Whale2
                              Please see this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=20778
                              CBR929
                              Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I am now making working copies
                              Last edited by Whale2; 05-09-2013, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X