Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fab Blu Ray copy constantly making poor copies

Can anyone PLEASE help???

I'm all but done trying to use DVDFab Blu-ray copy. For well over a year now, EVERY movie I back up on blu ray comes out sticky in the end. I copy the movie to my hard drive, then go from my hard drive to a 25 gig bd-r disc. And always... anywhere from halfway through the movie to the last 20 minutes or so, it starts to freeze. I'm at my wits end with this problem! I've done many thing over the months such as changing the settings within the Fab software and slowing down my burn speeds, but nothing seems to work. Admittedly I'm using generic media right now whose brand name I don't recall (something I bought on e-bay), but I've always used generic bd-r media and never had this problem before. Is anyone having this problem with Verbatim bd-r media? PLEASE HELP!!

No problems with Verbatim.

I won't use generic media or buy media off ebay as that is a good place to find counterfeit items.

Comment

soberjohn23:Try using img burn a free program you can find on the internet to do the burning.First check your firmware on your burner you can do this easy from img burn like this-

Open img burn click on write img file to disk click on tools-drive-on the bottom of the opened drive list is check for firmware updates click on this img burn tells you the firmware you are now using then goes to your drives internet sight their you check to see if theirs a latter firmware version if not then go back to img burn.As our burners get a lot of burns on the laser sometimes the power of the laser needs adjusting you can do this in img burn hears how.

open img burn click on tools-settings-write-check the box that says (preform opc before write) with this selected the img burn program will do a test burn on a unused tiny section on the disk so the lasers power will be adjusted to the disk in the drive.It will do this with all diferent brands of disks so the best burn can be done on the disk in the drive

Now it's also very important not to burn the disk to fast this is the number one problem disks don't play well in other players.Burn the disk at half rated disk speed or auto settings in img burn.Make sure the disk is clean no finger prints wipe disk from center to the outside of the disk never in circles around the whole disk.Do this even if it's clean or new.See if this helps.

Just so you know cheap disks will always cause problems if not now later.Disks that use to work won't work well anymore this is because disks are ordered from other makers so if the last 3 batches were made in Japan and worked well newer disks may be made elsewhere where the labor is cheaper and this is why the same disks don't always come from the same country's or made on the same equipment.

I have even seen the Verbatim brand put out some cheaper disks so buyer be-where.Do a search on this topic and you will see the people talking about the cheaper name brand disks.Best bet is to buy a media player and not make disks at all.

P.S. Making a 50 gig iso cures this problem at about $4.50 a disk it may be worth it.
      Last edited by glenns; 05-11-2013, 03:38 AM.

Comment

What just happened to my drive?!

Glenns:

Hey, what just happened? I downloaded the img software you told me about and was following the steps suggested to update my bd drivers, and now it's been removed from my pc! It simply doesn't even recognize that it's there! That's not cool! Any solutions for that one?

Comment

Drive Dead!

Glenns:

I don't know what the hell that software is all about but thanks! My drive is now dead! I can't even re-install the thing! Thanks!

Comment

When you downloaded img burn did you get this program? http://www.2download.co/imgburn.html...FYNx4AodiR0AAQ

When you clicked on Firmware update what version did it tell you that your using? and was their updates for your drive?
            If their was updates did you follow the instructions on how to flash your drive with the new software? Did you make sure before you did this that you downloaded the proper firmware for your drive?

You can go into windows under hardware find your blu rays drive and rollback the driver to previous driver here are the steps.

click start-control panel-hardware and sound-device manger-dvd drives-click on your blu ray drive-then drivers-click on roll back driver.

You can also go back in time with windows system restore you look for the restore point before you installed img burn then restore the computer to condition it was in before you downloaded img burn.Then up date security program and any other files.

Comment

Hi soberjohn23
              What is the make and model of your drive, also your operating system?
              Can you see your drive in device manager, if so right click it, click uninstall restart your computer, can you see your drive now?
              @ glenns
              Rolling back the drivers will do nothing as optical drives use Windows generic drivers, this has nothing to do with the drives firmware.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Ok but system restore should also work but your way is easier.

Comment

My Drive

Hi all... Thanks for getting to me. I work retail, so I've been gone all day. I did a system restore and my drive is back! Whew! It's late and I have no time to play with my drive right now. But my pc and all related software recognize my drive again. As for what kind of drive I have, it is an LG BH10SL30.

And my pc is windows 7 64 bit. I could swear I never had this problem when I used american made media from a company called melody (BD-R 25 gig discs), then I oredered some cheapies made by... Optical Quantum. Only I can't for sure find out if the brand really has mattered as I also use another program to print professional looking labels to put on the disc afterwards. So the original disc label is no longer visible, therefore making it impossible to tell which brand is which.

Anyway, when I have some time later tomorrow or the next day, I will run a test using IMGBurn to see how it goes.

Thanks

Comment

Hi soberjohn23
                    Glad your drive is back.
                    If you are having problems with certain discs that have the label on them, you can find out what disc is giving you problems, by the MID

If you have ImgBurn installed put the problem disc in your drive, open ImgBurn, click discovery and you will see the MID of the disc.
                    You can also put your blank disc in and do the same process to see what discs are giving you problems.
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

A word of warning!!!

Do not put sticky labels on the disks. I have seen innumerable disks and players trashed from the label coming apart and destroying the player and the balance of the disk which is spinning at high speed.

If you really want to do this, buy printable disks and a printer that will swallow them.
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

With the img burn program you can tell what media brand you burned to disk. Even after you put on a label covering the information. it will tell you when you load the disk in the program.Look on the right side under time you will see the disks information another nice feature of the program.Stick on labels can unbalance the drive at high speeds this is not good and can shorten the life of the drive and ruin it.

Comment

BD Drive

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback thus far. I used the IMGBurn and found out that the media I'm using is made by Phillips. I ran a test burn on a disc through the program and it worked fine. I will again later actually try to re-back up a disc and see what the results are using this software and will post my findings later.

Thanks

Comment

Also when using img burn a running log is presented as you burn a disk telling you of any error's during the process.If their are errors you can cut and past them to a post so we can look at them.

If you get read errors or write errors during the process this may be the reason the disk is causing problems when playing back.

Img burn will also give you little messages when you do something wrong sometimes wise cracks.If the burn doesn't go well if you have the audio on it will sound off a very low bass tone and talk to you in a female voice saying oh no kind of funny.

Their are pages of adjustments in the program best to learn what they do before messing with them.Many of us feel it's the best burn program out their and is updated as needed.

You can set the burn speed for each brand or kind of disk so it always burns the same speed with the brand or type of disk.Best to burn on it's auto settings or one half rated disk speed for best results playing the disk on different machines.

Always make sure the disks are clean to prevent read or write errors.

Comment

Mission Success!!!!!

Hi All!

Woo-Hoo!

We have a winner! I think everything's all good now! I installed the IMGBurn, re-installed DVDFab 9 and Power DVD on my pc.

Finally took the time this evening and ran another back-up of Jack Reacher (the most recent movie I tried with and had problems), after copying the movie to my hard drive, I opened and burned my back-up copy with IMGBurn. Then I used Power DVD to browse through the movie to make sure it would play and then jumped to the area where I always had problems at the last 20 minutes or so... and everything played FLAWLESSLY!!!

Thank you very much!! I am very pleased now. I hope all continues to work this well. Thank you for taking the time to help me with this issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X