No announcement yet.

How long is too long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see the same level of help here that I also have never got!

Two thoughts:

1) In my experience, its not the external drive. I bought a second one - different brand - and got the same performance. Also, if you copy to your hard drive at BD50 and then convert to BD25 in another directory on the hard drive, it will probably be just as slow. It is for me.

2) the good news is - 50GB media prices are coming down and you may find its worth it to pay the extra money for the 50Gb discs and skip compression altogether. Since making archive copies of my movies takes 5 to 12 hours and I've gotten no real help here figuring out why. That's the way I'm going.

Good Luck!

Comment

I got no help to give dude! I can compress main movie only to BD25 in about 40 minutes or so. If I try to compress full disc to BD25 it takes closer to 4 hours and I don't know why. If you insist on compressing the full disc to BD25 then deal with it.
      Last edited by 90312; 05-29-2013, 11:35 PM.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

I really don't see why anyone would want to compress the whole disk. If there are any extra's on the disk I'll watch them once, if at all, then I will just watch the actual movie after that point. I only ever backup the main movie to BD25 or rip to the media player.

Comment

GregiBoy has a good point. If there is no compression, why don't you use the external drive to copy the disk to the computer, it seems quicker?

Comment

That's the best help Marty, compress the main movie to BD25 and forget full disc.

Albert Einstein

Comment

There you have it, broderp. Signals told you up front this shouldn't be so slow (at 10 Mb/sec, a movie should convert in 30-40 min). But, the end advice here is "live with it."

The analogy here would be buying a sports car, having it only go 45 miles per you and having a mechanic tell you, "don't drive with passengers and stay in the right lane!"

Comment

ChazinCT, if you don't like the feedback you get from fellow users here on the forum I can fix that for you!

Albert Einstein

Comment

I'd prefer a fix to the poor performance I get from this product.

Comment

Working...
                  X