Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to copy a blu ray film to BD25 then burn to a BD25 disc !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to copy a blu ray film to BD25 then burn to a BD25 disc !?

I have just spent the last 9 hours copying my blu ray film .

My film was 45 GB so i decided to select 25 gb output because this is the size of my disc .

When finished i have a video file that is 23 gb and playable on windows media player .

Can i burn this file to my BD 25 in order to play it in my friends blu ray player ?

Originally posted by chriso2013 View Post
    Can i burn this file to my BD 25 in order to play it in my friends blu ray player ?
    YES.

That is a loooong time for encoding. Are you sure you have software selected in settings for all options? At any rate, follow the settings I have in the screenshot below, try again and see how long it takes to encode future movies.

Comment

This depends on your computer if you only have a 2 core computer trans coding to a 25 gig movie with all software takes me 12 hours You can only use lightning with h264 sources.With full 3d movies it's only all software.

Comment

Bd 25

Forgive me but i think i have done something seriously wrong!

Last time i burn't my blu ray folders to BD 25 using imgburn it took 30 minutes on a dual core and worked well.

I think i have created the wrong type of file ?

Last time i did not have a movie that is playable on computer i had files that could be written to BD qucikly .

Can u please explain what i have done wrong here ?

Comment

How need to do the conversion and save the output as an 'ISO'.

Most media players will play this, you can also burn it straight to disk with ImgBurn.

Comment

oh no

Do i select default output type as ' blu ray folder' or 'blu ray file' from settings in order to create the ISO ?

Comment

You click on the button next to your drive at the bottom of the screen.

See the picture...
              Attached Files

Comment

yes i'm pretty sure i did click on the disc icon.
                where do you save it to ?

Comment

Anywhere you want, just make sure you can find it when DVDFab finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                    This depends on your computer if you only have a 2 core computer trans coding to a 25 gig movie with all software takes me 12 hours You can only use lightning with h264 sources.With full 3d movies it's only all software.
                    WTF!?! 12 hours? I remember having a blu-ray laptop and it took 4 hours to do Avatar: The Extended Edition, and I thought that was too long. After that I just ended up building my own rig.

Comment

I hear you, I'm miffed if it's more than 45 minutes!

Comment

That's why it's so important that cuda work with fab as then i get it down to about 4hrs for a normal 50 gig- 25gig blu ray.

3d movies take forever on a 2 core machine because you can't use cuda or lightning with full 3d so 12 hours plus for 25 gig trans coding.That's why I make side by sides for my media player as I can do them in 4 hours with cuda and they look great on my 60 inch plasma and 8 foot projection screen.The 3d effects remain the same.

Comment

Maybe you should have bought a 50" plasma and a better computer!

Comment

I would love a new computer but I am retired now and the money tree in my back yard doesn't have 100 dollar bills growing on it any more I need whats their for my retirement needs.My boat always needs gas and the car sneaks money off the tree as it needs a new computer so it doesn't leave me with enough for a new house computer.

I have planted more money tree's with my investments but their only budding now.I hate to buy a new computer just cause i want more speed as it suits my needs just takes longer.It will get replaced someday just not today.
                            Last edited by glenns; 05-26-2013, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I'm the same as you Glenn and am just judicious and queue processing up overnight.
                              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                              X