my cure for freezing and skipping backups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my cure for freezing and skipping backups

I read a few posts with problems similar to the ones I had in the past. I replaced my 2 Sony BDR-S350 Blu-Ray Players with Sony BDP-BX18 Players and will not update firmware due to cinavia being included in the update. Anyway it seems the older players had problems with compressed Back ups. I always burn Movie only. Any Backup movie that does not need any or not much compression played fine on older blu-Ray player BDP-S350. All Backups play great on newer Sony BDP-BX18 players. I use BD-R 25mg Memorex and Phillips BD-R 25mg. I just also recieved a Sony BDP-BX59 3d capable Player. I am having same success with it. Only issue is I dont want to update firmware also because new version has Cinavia. Sony is slick, I cant connect to any internet features on this WiFi unit until I update. Anyway, I hope this helps someone.

Compressing is a weird term to use, what your actually doing is changing the video bitrate, this shouldn't effect playback.

Are you sure the blank BD-R's you're using are good quality?

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
      Compressing is a weird term to use, what your actually doing is changing the video bitrate, this shouldn't effect playback.

Are you sure the blank BD-R's you're using are good quality?
      If the original disc is at a higher bitrate and you want a lower bitrate in order to fit on a single BD-25 disc, the movie must be compressed, so in essence it is the correct laymen's term. Am I missing something here? I've always used that terminology.
      Last edited by SuperFist; 05-26-2013, 04:28 AM.

Comment

I guess the point I was trying to get across is it's not some weird black magic going on, it's just the video bitrate being lowered which shouldn't effect playback.

Spooky I know!

Comment

Working...
        X