Dynex freestanding player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynex freestanding player

I located and bought one of those cheapo DYNEX Blu-ray players at 40.00 because it was recommended on this Forum as a Cinavia free player... and it is. Altho it plays, and has the wireless capabilities, I did notice that it doesn't play any copied DVD's, and when I play a copied Blu-ray movie, it freezes at points on all the copied movies. It is good for original copies of both DVD's and Blu-Rays, but has issues with copies. Very interesting. I wonder if a blank media disk is thinner, thus causing the issues on both. I wonder if anyone else has ever had any of these issues with this player?? I have shelved it for now.

My other Blu-Ray player (Different Manufacturer) plays both copies fine, so I know it isn't a cpoy issue....Anyone else ever have any issues like this on various players???
    Last edited by dcc1048; 05-28-2013, 11:50 AM.
    "Are you still master of your domain?"
    Cosmo Kramer

Reduce writing speed
    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

I write at 2X... Thats not the problem. As I previously stated, my other player does not have this problem. The player plays without issue... all the copies that I have tried on the Dynex where they freeze..

So it is not the write speed issue.
      Cosmo Kramer

Comment

Each player can act different some players dont like certain disc your other 2 player may like 2x but the dynex may like a higher speed just a thought
        Does the specs for this player compatible -r/+r etc.

Hope you get this fixed
        Last edited by Jonatan; 05-28-2013, 01:50 PM.
        ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Yeah.... Guess the way to fix it, is to just keep it shelved and buy another .....Just didn't know if anyone had any of this kind of issue.. Just odd that copies work fine with no issues on one machine, and freeze spots on another...
          Cosmo Kramer

Comment

I agree with Jonatan, 2X on modern media is probably too slow. Try one at half the rated speed of the media, if it's 8X set the write speed to 4X. If 16X set to 8X, you get the picture.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

What brand of disks are you using? I would try different blanks and read the manual or go to the internet sight and see if their are recommended brands or types of disks for it? also from the recommended topic ask this question their to see what others are saying.The PlayStation freezes up with 3d copy's no mater what blanks your using but regular blu rays are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dcc1048 View Post
                I located and bought one of those cheapo DYNEX Blu-ray players at 40.00 because it was recommended on this Forum as a Cinavia free player... and it is. Altho it plays, and has the wireless capabilities, I did notice that it doesn't play any copied DVD's, and when I play a copied Blu-ray movie, it freezes at points on all the copied movies. It is good for original copies of both DVD's and Blu-Rays, but has issues with copies. Very interesting. I wonder if a blank media disk is thinner, thus causing the issues on both. I wonder if anyone else has ever had any of these issues with this player?? I have shelved it for now.

My other Blu-Ray player (Different Manufacturer) plays both copies fine, so I know it isn't a cpoy issue....Anyone else ever have any issues like this on various players???
                I will say I never had that issue with the Dynex player I had. I only used Optical Quantum discs. Unfortunately, I can no longer test on it because I shipped it to my sister. But I would try what is recommended by those on this forum. Try increasing your burning speed to 4X and please state the brand of BD-Rs you are using.

Comment

Funny thing is....I figured it out. I have only used Optimum disks as well. Never had an issue. It is due to being connected to internet wirelessly. Once I reset the default settings and discontinued the internet connection, everything works.. Regular DVD copies now play as well as my copied BR's... Go figure.

Must have something to do with the way it reads the copies. It must send out somewhere and recognize that it is a copy, and then doesn't allow it to play correctly.... and in the case of regular DVD's, not at all.

So now disconnected from the internet, and all is well..... I didn't use the Internet anyway, so its not a big deal.....So, Cheapo is the way to go afterall..

My other player where I didn't have the issues, is only connected to HULU via wireless and have never had an issue. I could probably selectively connect to say Netflix, or Pandora, but I don't want to mess with a good thing. Everything is working so why break it... Maybe I will play around later, but for right now, leave it alone.

Thanks anyway guys....
                  Last edited by dcc1048; 05-29-2013, 01:36 PM.
                  Cosmo Kramer

Comment

Glad you figured it out, dcc1048!

Comment

Working...
                    X