Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AIOS Media Center Owners - What Model Receiver Are You Using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AIOS Media Center Owners - What Model Receiver Are You Using?

I wanted to get a good feel for what model receiver everyone was using with their AIOS Media Center. The reason is because I believe I am having HDMI handshake issues with my Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K to where the HD audio DTS HD-MA tracks will drop out if I pause or fast forward the film, and sometimes occasionally drop out during the course of watching the movie. I was told that many people running the same firmware as me, R20 custom from the Pivos Forums, don't ever have these issues. I just want to know if yours plays perfectly, what model receiver are you using? I may look into purchasing a new receiver.
    Last edited by SuperFist; 05-29-2013, 02:01 AM.

Take the amp out of the loop for a couple movies and narrow it down. If it's the AIOS you'll know.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

There is a newer firmware out you might want to try it see if it fixes that audio issue
      ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Originally posted by Jonatan View Post
        There is a newer firmware out you might want to try it see if it fixes that audio issue
        Yes, I've tried them all more than once and R20 is the most stable one I've come across.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          Take the amp out of the loop for a couple movies and narrow it down. If it's the AIOS you'll know.
          Yes, it's the receiver. It's fine when I hook up the AIOS directly to my HDTV with the same HDMI cable. There's sometimes a drop out when I first turn on my PS3 but it also includes the picture as well. I have to turn off my receiver and/or the TV and/or the PS3 to get it to show up again along with the audio, but that happens rarely. However, I read this is due to the order in which the devices are turned on. It should technically be the display first, the receiver and then the source.
          Last edited by SuperFist; 05-29-2013, 02:32 AM.

Comment

This is a small convenience application to reset the HDMI link between the computer and the TV. It’s for when your MediaCenter PC wakes up and there’s no output on the beautiful HDTV next to your P…

This free program re sends the handshake once run will remain in your task bar then you hit control key and space bar at the same time and no more handshake problems.Works in most cases.Your welcome....

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
              http://mymce.wordpress.com/2010/10/24/hdmiyo/

This free program re sends the handshake once run will remain in your task bar then you hit control key and space bar at the same time and no more handshake problems.Works in most cases.Your welcome....
              Thanks, but how do I install something like this on the AIOS? I currently refuse to hook it up to the internet because I don't need that functionality and the main reason is I get freezes in the system when I do. I usually have to do a hard reset at the back. I never like doing that with any electronic device so I just don't use the ethernet port at all now.
              Last edited by SuperFist; 05-29-2013, 03:24 AM.

Comment

I bought one of the overpriced Pivos wireless dongles and never know it's there.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

I guess your hookup is different My media player,Sat receiver and plasma tv,computer,PlayStation, and blu ray player is all hooked up through hdmi to my receiver i also have this handshake problem but I think mine is from the computer to the plasma tv so it works for me.It doesn't do it all the time and does matter how they are turned on and off.

When my handshake is off the tv may have video but no sound from the receiver and sometimes it's my video card reverting to 1 output instead of two then i have no picture or sound.I know how frustrating this can be so learning proper which devices to turn off in what order will help.Sorry I couldn't help in this case.A different receiver may also do the same.Doesn't that meda player have support call them or check their web sight for a forum.

Comment

I know this is a bit old school but after so many problems with amps not doing the switching/handshaking correctly, I now always do this:-

I wire the devices DIRECTLY to the TV via HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, HDMI4 and then connect the AV amp via optical from the TV.

It always works this way and cuts out the switching crap from the amp.

I've tried looking for an amp that just does this to no avail.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

How would you get hd sound to be decoded? optical can't do it.

Comment

Don't do HD sound at the mo as my amps do not support anything over 5.1
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          Don't do HD sound at the mo as my amps do not support anything over 5.1
                          ARGH! HD sound is the reason I bought my receiver in the first place. I don't think I can live without it because of that. However, I have no audio dropouts when I don't use the HD sound on the AIOS.

Comment

I know this is a little off the topic but i wanted to share this with the people that love pivos aios
                            Last edited by Jonatan; 05-30-2013, 01:32 PM.
                            ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

@ Jonatan... WHOA!

The funny thing is... the other day, I began pausing, playing, fast forwarding and playing LOTR FOTR and it didn't drop the HD audio once! However, I do remember I had to restart the AIOS so maybe the order of devices being turned on is directly related to it since official HDMI sites recommend a specific order for optimal viewing/listening. Very interesting. I just hope it's something I can replicate with 100% success.

Comment

Working...
                              X