Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are some of my rips one big file, and others a bunch of files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are some of my rips one big file, and others a bunch of files?

Ripped several Blu-Ray discs this week. I want them to end up as one big AVCHD file so I can put straight into Handbrake and compress. Using all the same settings each time, some of the movies end up like this. But others end up with a dozen or so AVCHD files that have to be compressed separately.

How do I make sure they ALL end up as one big AVCHD file when they are ripped?

Originally posted by JRS7 View Post
    Ripped several Blu-Ray discs this week. I want them to end up as one big AVCHD file so I can put straight into Handbrake and compress. Using all the same settings each time, some of the movies end up like this. But others end up with a dozen or so AVCHD files that have to be compressed separately.

How do I make sure they ALL end up as one big AVCHD file when they are ripped?
    This is dependent on the original movie and how it was authored. Some are individual files to facilitate branching or other technical aspects of BD-Java or some other type of integration, and some movies are one contiguous file.

I find the best way to make a file with DVDFab software is to use the Video Converter (or Blu-ray Ripper?) program with M2TS and I usually choose passthrough so I can retain my HD audio, but that depends on you.
    Last edited by SuperFist; 05-29-2013, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X