Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can "Digital Copies" of purchased movies be burned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can "Digital Copies" of purchased movies be burned?

If I have purchased movies online that are resident on my HDD, can DVDfab burn these to disc so that they may be viewed on a stand alone player?

It is my understanding that they can't be burned due to the DRM that's usually involved, but I could be mistaken. However, I feel it's much easier to use the original disc these digital copies are attached to, if that is the case. You can then rip and reconvert them to whatever format you need for your specific device with Blu-ray Ripper or Video Converter.

Comment

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough! I was referring to movies purchased and downloaded (where no physical media was involved) from, for example, iTunes. It would be easier sometimes to play a BD, rather that hook up my laptop to the display. I'm guessing from your reply that the DRM would keep me from burning to physical media

Comment

Originally posted by mjmbond View Post
        Sorry, I wasn't clear enough! I was referring to movies purchased and downloaded (where no physical media was involved) from, for example, iTunes. It would be easier sometimes to play a BD, rather that hook up my laptop to the display. I'm guessing from your reply that the DRM would keep me from burning to physical media
        Oh, I'm not sure... don't quote me on that. I don't have any digital copies to test that theory but I'm sure I have some unredeemed ones in a movie case somewhere... as long as it's not expired by now.

Comment

Working...
        X