No announcement yet.

2d playback of 3d movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's the player i just wanted to say the Panasonic is also Cinavia free should you want to replace the player that's the reason I brought it.I will try a few more Fab 3d made isos on the Panasonic.

Comment

After testing with a larger selection of 3d iso's i can duplicate your findings that Fab made 3d iso's don't always play in 2d on 2d players this time i tested

Journey 2: The mysterious island 3d
      Kung fu panda 3d
      Toy story 3 3d
      Pirates of the Caribbean:Stranger tides 3d
      Beauty and the beast:special edition 3d
      ( The above 3d disks will not play in 2d on a 2d player) Mostly Disney disks in this list.

Dial m for murder 3d and Sea Rex 3d did play in 2d on a 2d player.
      Conclusion some 3d disks will play in 2d and some will not.

I used a Panasonic DMP-BD75 2d blu ray player that's been out for some time now.All disk's made from store brought disks to 50 or 25 gig disks uncompressed iso's.made with whatever the latest version of Fab was at the time the disk came out so many different versions of Fab was used all with make 3d disk playable on 2d player checked in Fabs software.

Wilson or other Fab developer could you tell us why this is happening and if this can be fixed thanks Glenns.

Comment

Yikes you can try taking a 50 gig 3d clone iso reduce it to 25 gigs full 3d then it should play on a 2d player I think this is what the software was meant to do in order to play a 3d disk in a 2d player.

Only a developer can truly say the way they intended the software to work my only wish is they talk more to Fab member's when questions like this come up as I don't like to second guess a developer and it would save us a lot of testing to come up with a solution,workaround or know what the software was designed to do and how it should work.

As my best efforts to work with the 3d uncompressed main movie and get it to play on a 3d media player has not been reproduced at Fab because they don't have a 3d media player to duplicate users results.

We will never be able to play a uncompressed 3d main movie on our media players as it won't play in 3d unless burnt to disk this is a shame and looks to be something Fab will not support at this time.Not the end of the world but I really worked hard working with one of the developers that gets real vigorous in his work to get him to reproduce not only my results but others trying the same thing with other country's and region disks and media players.

Comment

Yikes: I left out in the above post to make main movie full 3d compressed to a 25 gig disk from a 3d 50 gig iso to be able to play 3d disk in 2d on a 2d player.Seems the full disk 3d's are the ones players are having trouble playing in 2d on a 2d player.

Comment

Working...
          X