This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copying problem

hi all. i appreciate that i am a bit thick when trying to do this stuff, so please be gentle with me.
    i pulled a movie file off the internet (no extras or ads etc) and have converted it to blu-ray format with free software that i usually use, and have burnt it to disk. i didn't know the file had cinavia protection, so when i tried to play it on my PS3, i got the muted sound and warning text. my intention now is to use dvdfab to do a 'full disc blu-ray copy in the hope that the new disk once burnt will then play without issues. however, this is my first time trying this and am i little unsure if i am doing things right.
    first i started latest dvdfab 9, inserted and loaded the burnt disk, clicked on 'Full Disc' and it showed in the boxes below that option. further below are 3 squares with other options,
    1) Remove HD Audio
    2) Create Protected Disc etc' to 'remove' the Cinavia protection.
    3)Create miniiso
    trouble is, i cant tick the boxes! is it supposed to be ticked or is it just a 'marker' telling me it is going to remove the protection anyway? is it perhaps the format the file on the disc is now in (m2ts, i believe)
    sorry if showing more than my usual degree of stupid guys but can someone enlighten me please?
    many TIA

movie

the best advice i can give you is buy the movie on bluray, downloading
    movies that you do not own will not be discuessed here.

Comment

hi. appreciate what you say. the idea was that if i could do this, i would keep the original and just play the backup. i, like so many others, am not in the position to buy disks only to find the kids have got hold of them and ruined them etc. a backup doesn't really matter. i pulled one from the net to use as the experimental disc. anyway, i just opened Ice Age 3. i can at least see the boxes are 'active' and selectable with that (no cinavia though) but obviously still dont know if i can do what i wanted.

Comment

Hi jimbo49
        october262 is correct, give this a read through before posting again Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
        X