This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many Problems - Please Advise

OK, I've searched these forums the best I could and while there are some items that are similar, none helped me. Here are my challenges:

1) Whenever I put a Blu Ray movie in my drive, DVD FAB begins to work, brings up the region code screen and completely hangs there. I can't click anything in the program. The way I resolved it was to bring up the Windows Task Manager and "end process" for the DVD FAB Region Code screen. Then it seemed to begin reading and analyzing the disk. From there I performed a Blu Ray to Blu Ray Main Movie option and it seemed to backup the main movie to my C:\ drive.

2) Trying to back up Blu Ray Angels and Demons created a folder with a whole bunch of *.m2ts files (BR 2 BR Main Movie backup option). Even though I only selected the "main movie" to backup. Then when I used that folder to do a "file 2 Mobile" copy, it created just as many files (in my case WMV formats) as m2ts files. Obviously each of them played OK, but I wanted one file to watch, not many.

3) Once I create a successful backup of the main movie, I then copy it to a mobile file. In my case I want to use the Xbox option, but the real result I want is a perfect 1080p - highest video and audio fidelity copy - version of the movie. I don't want it cropped, so I remove the crop default and make it "none", then I go to select the best size option available. Any time I pick a resolution above say 850 x 500 or so, the program crashes. So I always end up with smaller size files that end up anamorphically stretched by my Xbox. I don't want to do this. Why is the program crashing?

I am evaluating DVD Fab for another 20 days or so before it runs out. I'd like to make sure I can get these issues reolved successfully before I buy it, but I do like it and plan to buy it when we do fix them. There are some other specific issues I'm having with my regular DVD's but I'll put them in the other forums. Thank you!

I am running Windows 7 Professional, I have an HP Pavillion Elite, Quad Core, 9gig RAM, and a Blu Ray DVD R, DVD/RW drive in it.

Here is the log file from today (It doesn't show the crash as far as I can tell in #1 and #3 above, but you know what you're looking for):

DVDFab 6.2.0.5 (2009/12/24 13:08:17)

0m 07.59s: detected blu-ray
    0m 07.73s: drive E
    0m 07.73s: volume label ING_BASTERDS
    0m 26.62s: root 8CC2A94E33FF7069_VOLUME_SET_ID:ING_BASTERDS:ING_BA STERDS:ING_BASTERDS
    0m 27.47s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
    0m 30.24s: got discinfo
    0m 30.38s: got bdmv
    0m 30.38s: got agid
    0m 30.42s: sent host cert chal
    0m 30.42s: got drive cert chal
    0m 30.46s: got drive key
    0m 30.46s: got host key signature
    0m 30.46s: verified drive signature
    0m 30.46s: verified host signature
    0m 30.51s: sent host signature and key point
    0m 30.51s: got bus key
    0m 30.51s: got volume id
    0m 30.52s: got volume id mac
    0m 30.52s: volume id is correct
    0m 30.52s: got vid
    0m 31.07s: got vuk
    0m 31.12s: got unit key 7
    0m 42.85s: got extended bdinfo
    59m 01.89s: detected blu-ray
    59m 02.00s: drive E
    59m 02.01s: volume label ING_BASTERDS
    59m 06.96s: root 8CC2A94E33FF7069_VOLUME_SET_ID:ING_BASTERDS:ING_BA STERDS:ING_BASTERDS
    60m 27.53s: CUDA GPU Acceleration start ...

DVDFab 6.2.0.5 (2009/12/24 14:09:19)

0m 06.11s: detected blu-ray
    0m 06.19s: drive E
    0m 06.20s: volume label ING_BASTERDS
    1m 16.09s: CUDA GPU Acceleration start ...

download and install the latest beta as BD+ decryption is still in beta stages. you can get the beta from the link below

EDIT:

I want to also add that DVDFab at the moment does not convert Blu-ray to a mobile format as that is still in development and no time frame for when it will be available
    Last edited by AGJ; 12-24-2009, 08:06 PM.

Comment

As AGJ said, File to Mobile is not the module for converting DVD/BR to mobile files.

For DVD's, use DVD to Mobile and the BR to Mobile module is not yet available.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks

Appreciate the quick feedback. I will download and try the new beta. I'll keep you posted.

Just to be clear, I was following a best practice on this site, I believe, and my process is:

1) Backup BR 2 BR Main Movie to my C:\ drive
        2) Use that output as the input for File 2 Mobile and create my WMV file
        3) View the WMV file on my Xbox.

It seemed to work for a recent backup of Revolutionary Road. Now, granted, I don't believe I got the resolution I was looking for, but it was viewable, it appeared to high definition and the audio was good.

Comment

My "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread which you are referring to (Link in my sig below) nowhere refers to File to Mobile.

The reason that I am quite specific about this is that you will get the problem that you have already encountered wher the BR title is split into multiple files and File to Mobile will not join them up.

Using File to Mobile on a DVD rip to HDD, you will get the same thing, multiple files as each VOB is processed seperately.

With DVD to Mobile, the DVD structure is analysed, and you have far more control over the process and one file is produced for the whole title.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by Viper View Post
            Just to be clear, I was following a best practice on this site, I believe, and my process is:

1) Backup BR 2 BR Main Movie to my C:\ drive
            2) Use that output as the input for DVD to Mobile and create my WMV file. Uh oh
            3) View the WMV file on my Xbox.
            There, corrected that for you. Best practices only references DVD to Mobile.

You can use File to Mobile on ripped BD content but you are going well beyond what is supported by DVDFab. I you are going to do it anyway then you would need to stitch the M2TS files together into one file in the correct order using tsMuxer. You will have to manually determine the correct order. DVDFab just decrypts the files and leaves them the same way they are on the original disc.

EDIT: Yah, what GregiBoy said.
            Last edited by Complication; 12-24-2009, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Got it!

Thanks for the clarification. I definitely misunderstod the best practice. I believe this will also fix other weird things I've been experiencing. I'll let you know but thanks for taking the time to help me.

Comment

Working...
              X