BD25 and BD50 burns very slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD25 and BD50 burns very slow

I mainly use DVDFabHD for backing up my Blu-Rays, but I wonder why they burn so slow with the software. Every movie I burn with Nero 12 burns at the maximum speed of my discs which is 6x. But in DVDFabHD the burning starts out at 0.1x and usually goes to 1.8x and sometimes 2.4x and rarely 3.0x. I changed the settings to burn 6x from the recommended default but it still doesn't burn at 6x. Is there another setting I can try to get my BD discs burning at maximum?

You should never burn them at max speed but at half the rated speed.

If you burn them too fast, you will get unreliable playback.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

When I burn at 6x the discs always come out perfect. I've been backing up my movies for years and I always burn at maximum speed. Still doesn't explain why FabHD won't burn the discs at 6x when Nero does.

Comment

If you get a new player sometimes disks burned too fast won't play.The slower burn will burn the pits deeper in the disk so most players will play them and they should last longer also in theory.The difference between the Fab burn speed and the 6 x speed is small anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X