Holy crud!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crud!!!

I dont know if it is because the latest version of DVD Fab or me updating my video drivers...
    But I used to compress a 50GB DVD down to 25GB in about 6 to 7 hours.

I just backed up my first bluray since updating both things above... and I just compressed a 50GB movie down to 25GB in about 20-30min!!!

Cant wait to try another one when time permits.
    Was it just a fluke? I dont know. But it was fast.

Did U watch it
    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Originally posted by dgrams View Post
      I dont know if it is because the latest version of DVD Fab or me updating my video drivers...
      But I used to compress a 50GB DVD down to 25GB in about 6 to 7 hours.

I just backed up my first bluray since updating both things above... and I just compressed a 50GB movie down to 25GB in about 20-30min!!!

Cant wait to try another one when time permits.
      Was it just a fluke? I dont know. But it was fast.
      Sounds fantastic! What are your PC's specs?

Comment

Sounds far too good to be true imho. I suggest you check your source and created target carefully.

Comment

PC specs suck.
          Core 2 duo 2.13
          4 gb ram
          win7 32 bit
          nvidia 9800GT

mounted the images and it plays fine.
          It was my shawshank redemption bluray. Did a movie only conversion from 50 to 25gb, and kept hd audio

I'll have to try another blu ray in the next few days.

Comment

I noticed Fab is using every bit of my extra ram.I have 3 gigs of Ram on the CPU (Computer uses about a gig of ram running windows and my background programs leaving 2 gigs to work with) during a 50 gig to 25 gig convert at one point I was down to 44mb on the CPU with the GPU using very little of its 2 gigs of ram up to 17% or so.That's using cuda for decoding and GPU acceleration for video encoding enabled.It doesn't use no where near this much memory decoding 3d disks which take a lot longer 10,5 hours on my system.

On my 2 core system it's not any faster about 6 hours for 50-25 gig conversion and still 10.5 hours for full 3d 50-25 gig conversion.I also downloaded latest card GT630 firmware.I am using vista home.You have a few more cuda cores i think you have 112 i have 96 cuda cores.
            My system:
            ADM Athlon 64x2 4450e core speed=2310.54 mhz DDR2 3gigs memory
            video card has DDR3 memory 2 gigs that hardly gets used.

If theirs a way to make this system work faster with Fab I sure would like to know.
            Last edited by glenns; 06-25-2013, 08:35 AM.

Comment

I dont know.. maybe it was something with this one movie perhaps?

I will try tonight to rip and convert another and see what happens if time permits.

Maybe it was just a fluke, but yes.. the movie did complete correctly and is playable.

Comment

Sounds like the main movie didn't need compressing at all, it was already small enough so it was a straight copy. Your system isn't capable of compressing a movie that fast.

Comment

By the way, you need to go to Windows 7 x64, 1GB of your ram isn't being used in 32 bit Windows.

Comment

Lol.. Marty you guessed it...

I just fired the stuff up and ripped Star Trek and the compression ran slow.

I looked closer at my shawshank redemption and yes.. it didnt need compressing. LOL. Doh!

I thought it was too good to be true.

Good guess.

BTW, I don't need to go to Win7 64, becasue I dont have a 64bit processor - plus its only 3/4 of 1GB that is not used... not 1GB.

Comment

I assume you have an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6400, this is a 64 Bit chip and will run Win 7 x64.

Comment

Working...
                      X