Questions on Blu-ray audio options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions on Blu-ray audio options

I believe I understand the Remove HD Audio checkbox on either the Main Screen or the Blu-ray Copy Settings Screen - this option either converts Dolby TrueHD to Dolby AC3, or DTS-MA to DTS, with purpose of reducing the size of the audio during Blu-ray Copy. I haven't used this option.

What I don't understand, and can't find documentation about in the User Manual (PDF), is what the the Convert DTS/LPCM Audio to AC3 checkbox on the Main Screen really does. One question is if the AC3 conversion to DD 5.1 or DD 3.1? Does this conversion work with DTS-MA? I haven't used this option either.

Were I to check both the "Remove HD Audio" box and the Convert DTS/LPCM Audio to AC3 box, what would happen? Would I end up converting DTS-MA to AC3?

I guess my real question is if DVDFab can convert DTS-MA to Dolby AC3 (DD 5.1). I'm not a big fan of either DTS or DTS-MA.

The output should be AC3 when both options are checked.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Thanks I'll give it try. Just want to know what result would be before I use up a blu-ray blank.

Comment

Doesn't appear to work

The audio remains DTS if both the Remove HD Audio and Convert DTS/LPCM Audio to AC3 boxes are checked. Internal Log attached if that helps any.
        Attached Files

Comment

convert dts to dd 5.1

Hope it is ok to add to this thread. I checked both and got no sound whatsoever. Wasted a bd. So is the answer to convert dts to dd5 I need to check what? Not a fan of dts either. Have an awesome 5.1 JVC and want the dts to come out dd 5.1.
          Thanks for response
          Buster

Comment

On my one Home Theater system (HTS) that doesn't do DTS (the other HTS does), the audio comes out as Stereo, which my ancient amp, I assume using DSP, does sort of a fake surround sound. I play the Blu-ray disc on both systems using a PS-3, where I have to actually select DTS under the PS-3 audio options in order to get any audio at all.

My guess is there is DTS audio on your backup disc; your amp just doesn't recognize it.

Comment

If you play the disk on your computer with a software player it should tell you what soundtrack its playing or available to play on the disk just hit the audio button to see.Their are many free players on the net.I believe the PlayStation also has a audio button to switch audio tracks so you can see whats on the disk for audio as do blu ray players.or you can put the made disk back in fab and see what audio is their.
              Last edited by glenns; 07-04-2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Guess this thread has sort of died. My guess is the DVDFab people are aware of a possible a problem, which is fine with me. I can play DTS on my one Home Theater System just fine.

BTW, the PS-3 (and my Panasonic for Cinervia backups) Blu-ray players both have a Display button on the remote which tells you exactly what audio codec is being detected on the Blu-ray disc. Also both my Amps also display what type of audio the Amp is outputting to the speakers.

Comment

Hi Grampaw
                  I believe you are right about the post dying. Believe I saw a post from signals in the general questions area indicating the latest 0 upgrade solved any problems. Haven't purchased a blu ray recently to back up to see. I do like dd 5.1 over dts. The audio works fine but saw the convert dts to 5.1 option. An earlier post indicated my receiver converts the dts to a similar surround sound for blu ray. Not an issue of course for dvd. Since blu ray disks do not have dd 5.1 selection for the most part, some older movies converted to blu ray do, it would be nice to convert the dts to dd 5.1 on the back ups. In any event thank you for your help and the other posters. Sorry for jumping in on some else's thread, but wanted to say thanks.
                  Buster

Comment

Working...
                  X