Canceling after No Media Detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canceling after No Media Detected

Probably I don't need to do this way but this is what I always have been doing to compress from 50-gig size to 25-gig size disc.

1) Put 50-gig movie and start full-disc copying using 50 gig disc option
    2) When it asks for disc after ejecting, I press cancel
    3) I move the temp folder out of full-disc folder so it won't overwrite when I do full-disc copy option again this time using 25 gig disc option
    4) Open the 50-gig temp folder and then start full-disc again using 25-gig size option

I never had problem running this way but ever since... 9.0.4.6 I think... I just can't cancel when it asks for 50-gig disc in the drive. Yeah, #2 on my list. I keep on press cancel but it won't cancel. The window won't disappear and ask me to "Finish". So now I have to ctrl-alt-delete everytime and force close the program then re-open it to continue with my #3 on the list. I mean, it's just a hassle but gets the job done but figured I should report it here in case it's just a bug. I'm hoping it's a bug and not something that happened to my computer.

Why don't you just rip to a "Folder" in Step 1 and then you won't have to worry about 2 & 3?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

No response when canceling in 9.0.4.7

Regardless of the reason, I too have noticed that in version 9.0.4.7 when you get to the "No media detected in Drive X:" dialog you can't cancel. I've tried clicking on "Cancel" dozens of times and letting the program sit with that dialog up for an hour and it never cancels. The only thing you can do is request that the program terminate.

This didn't happen in any previous version and must be a bug that was introduced in 9.0.4.7.

Comment

You can make a 50 gig iso clone instead of full disk it goes into the clone folder then make a 25 gig from the iso clone.If their is a bug it should also be fixed as theirs always reasons to cancel a job.
        Last edited by glenns; 07-06-2013, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X