and v8.2.2.9 - Titanic Bonus disc listed as 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and v8.2.2.9 - Titanic Bonus disc listed as 3D

The main movie of the two disc set copied just fine as the 2D it is. But, for some strange reason, the 2D Special Features disc is thought of as 3D. It isn't.

How about opening the disc in Fab9? Here is the latest release and please give a try.

Comment

There must be something on the disc that identifies it as 3D. I just had this out the other night, and when I put my original disk in my 3D player, it asked if I wanted to play it back in 3D or 2D, which it does whenever a 3D disc is inserted. I don't think this is a Fab problem, but with the disc formatting.

Comment

There might be a trailer in 3D or something like that...
        (same on Avatar CE Disk3)

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
          How about opening the disc in Fab9? Here is the latest release and please give a try.
          You seem to have missed the thread title. Both releases of the software are listed, V9 and V8. It was with V9 that I saw the problem first and then tried V8.

I only have a 2D player and the original does not come up as a 3D disc in the player.

But, I originally thought that the original disc got scratched, though I see nothing, as there is a Paramount logo video that is played at the very beginning and it freezes a few times.

I let V9 think it was a 3D disc and continued with the full disc copy. I then did a BD50 to BD25 recode and when I played the BD25 disc, the Paramount video at the beginning had the same issue, so I suspect that the disc has an encoding error. Who knows, that may have tripped up DVDFab.

Oh, when doing the BD50 to BD25 conversion, DVDFab9 did not complain that it was a 3D disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeppa View Post
            There might be a trailer in 3D or something like that...
            (same on Avatar CE Disk3)
            I've never heard of a 2D release having 3D videos on it. AFAIK, it just isn't done.

Comment

Originally posted by MrVideo View Post
              I've never heard of a 2D release having 3D videos on it. AFAIK, it just isn't done.
              Not true! If you have the Prometheus 3D combo pack, the extra disc full of special features in entirely in 2D, but in the trailers gallery you can play the trailer in 2D or 3D for instance.

And as mentioned above, the 3rd disc in the Avatar 2D only collector's edition does have the 3D trailer.
              Last edited by spacemonkey; 07-24-2013, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X