Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab BluRay Question

Hello Everyone,

I just have a very general (but not short) question.

I currently have one of those KDLinks HD700; actually not a bad little unit for the price. It does great except for one flaw -- on any Blu-Ray ISO that I have created that has multiple m2ts files within the Stream folder the movie doesn't play correctly. I use DVDFAB with No Compression, Main Movie Only with Subtitles on all my ISO's.

So for example I have Titanic (2D) it comes out to be about 40GB. If you mount the image in Windows explorer you will find one m2ts file in the stream folder. It plays absolutely perfect, DTS-MA 5.1 or 7.1, subtitles, 1080p, the works!

However if I take a movie say Taken 2, when I create the ISO and mount the image there are 22 m2ts files, so this disk uses branching m2ts files that play in a certain order that would normally be handled by the playlist file on the disk. In EVERY SINGLE ISO I HAVE that has multiple m2ts files they DO NOT play correctly on my KDLINKS. They always play the first m2ts file and then when it's supposed to change to the next file the system freezes.

Now after that long rant, my question, finally! I thought that at one time DVDFab always combined the m2ts files into a single m2ts file; is that in correct? In other words if you chose to perform a "Main Movie" copy of a Blu-Ray and that Blu-Ray was created so that the movie was spread out through multiple m2ts files; will the generated ISO file from DVDFab have all the m2ts files or should there just be one "muxed" m2ts file in the Stream folder (if you mounted the disk and looked at the structure)?

I really like using ISO to store my movies that I own; it always seemed to work in the past but now I'm finding more and more movies that don't work so I guess I'm just confused. I'm a bit of a newb so forgive the question.

Thanks for reading!

No, to do this you need to use the "Ripper" module and MT2S Passthrough so you won't be able to use ISO.

BluRay copy has never combined the branching files.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'd contact the KDLinks manufacturer and complain about the problem. DVDFab creates the necessary files to put together a Main Movie that will play correctly on a standalone player, or a software player. It does that with the necessary file containing the playlist.

Without a playlist, players would not be able to play the Main Movie.

It appears as though the KDLink doesn't know how to handle a playlist, instead just playing this files in numerical order, and even then not getting it right.

It isn't DVDFab's fault.

Comment

Working...
      X