This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray to BD5 - DVDFab Crashing

I am trying to rip a 28GB movie to BD5 and then hopefully burn to DVD if I ever get to that point. I am using Main movie under Blu Ray to Blu Ray and it seems DVDFab get through the analyzing phase fine and then goes into hours of small passes or tasks as it rips. I realize this will take some time to compress, but I have returned twice to a crashed DVDFab "do you want to fill out a report" form.

Any ideas? Just too big of a compression job for DVDFab? No big deal either way, I could just go BD25 which has been a champ, but I want to see if I can rup Blu Ray to DVD.

Thanks,
    Joe

BD5 works perfectly from what I have read but could you maybe post back the version of DVDFab you are using and maybe some log files as well

Comment

Thanks, I think it may be the movie. Got my first BD coaster ever. Trying a different movie that I know I copied blu ray to blu ray. Really just messing around on a Sunday morning to see how Blu Ray to DVD works. Using the latest version of DVDFab 6 - 6.2.05

Comment

if you are working with Blu-Ray content then you need to use the latest Beta version 6.2.1.6.

Comment

hmmm..I just ripped U2 Rattle and Hum Blu Ray to BD5 DVD. I had the original Blu Ray in the BD drive and a blank DVD in my other drive. Ripped, compressed and burned. Looks like DVD quality on PowerDVD.

What will the latest beta do?

Comment

There was a bug that was fixed in beta 6216 when trying to rip a Blu-ray to BD5. The latest beta has the newest updates and fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Joe View Post
              What will the latest beta do?
              It handles more movies. The ones you are having trouble with may have newer copy protection.
              Last edited by Complication; 12-28-2009, 12:52 AM.

Comment

got it. been leery of beta's but will give it a shot.

Comment

Don't be leery of betas here.

The betas will only add copy protection removal of new titles to the production version until the next production version is released.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Also BD+ Protection removal is still in the beta stages so is always good to be using the latest beta which is why I asked what version you was using as well

Comment

Working...
                    X