X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read process takes forever

Hi,

I am new at this forum. I just bought a lifetime licence of DVDFab Blu ray to Blu Ray. I use the latest beta 6.2.1.6. I have a HP Pavilion laptop, Windows XP and a LG BE08LU20 as external reader/burner.

The problem is that some back ups takes forever, that is 8-9 hours with a bit rate about 1.00 MB/s. I only do Main Movie and have the set up BD 25GB 1080p.
    Has that anything to do with copy protections? I don't get any error messages. But the read process is so slow. But not on every back up however. When all is well, the read process takes about 40 minutes. Have no problems during analyzing and writing.

Any ideas?

could be the external player along with any other processes on your laptop you might have running at any given time...

Comment

I only do Main Movie and have the set up BD 25GB 1080p.
      Sometimes the main movie is bigger than 25GB...which it would then have to resize, which is probably what is taking 8-9 hours...that could be normal.

Depending on your processor, it usually takes pretty long to resize. I have a Quad core, and it takes at least 4-5 hours to compress to BD25 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
        Sometimes the main movie is bigger than 25GB...which it would then have to resize, which is probably what is taking 8-9 hours...that could be normal.

Depending on your processor, it usually takes pretty long to resize. I have a Quad core, and it takes at least 4-5 hours to compress to BD25 for me.
        Hm, if that is normal, I should 1) by a more powerful computer or 2) avoid movies smaller than 25 GB. Or is there anything else I can do?

Comment

When the movie is bigger than 25GB then I suggest you rip full size BD50 to hard drive and then use the ripped folder as the source for conversion to BD25. It may still take 8 hours depending on your processor but it will not keep the BD drive constantly spinning.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
            When the movie is bigger than 25GB then I suggest you rip full size BD50 to hard drive and then use the ripped folder as the source for conversion to BD25. It may still take 8 hours depending on your processor but it will not keep the BD drive constantly spinning.
            I'll give that a try, thanks!

Comment

are you trying to burn on a BD25? if not, just keep the main movie original size. Strip the HD Audio to save a few GB of space.

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
                are you trying to burn on a BD25? if not, just keep the main movie original size. Strip the HD Audio to save a few GB of space.
                Yes, I try to read and then burn to a BD25. It's strange though, the movie it self is about 22,5 GB. So the size can't be the problem..?

Comment

You said you just bought DVDFab well are you using the latest beta as BD+ Removal is still in the beta stages. Link to the beta is below

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                    You said you just bought DVDFab well are you using the latest beta as BD+ Removal is still in the beta stages. Link to the beta is below

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=2199
                    Yes, I have the last Beta.

Comment

I have ripped a movie to hard drive. But I can't get the program to open the folder with the main movie (from Burn data to disc). It should be the folder named Stream? And by the way, how do I include a certain subtitle?

Comment

Originally posted by Molok View Post
                        I have ripped a movie to hard drive. But I can't get the program to open the folder with the main movie (from Burn data to disc). It should be the folder named Stream? And by the way, how do I include a certain subtitle?
                        The folder name should be the name of the disc (should have BDMV inside it).

Use the Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray and select BD25.

The default language subtitle should be included automatically. Just make sure any you want are checked.

Comment

The folder name should be the name of the disc (should have BDMV inside it).

Use the Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray and select BD25.

The default language subtitle should be included automatically. Just make sure any you want are checked.
                          I just tried this. But it doesn't work. I use Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray and choose the folder with BDMV inside it. Fab identifies the movie, but want place the movie as source. So nothing happens. Also I can not set the quality to BD25, wich I can when using a Blu-Ray disc as source. So am I doing something wrong here?

Comment

Originally posted by Molok View Post
                            I just tried this. But it doesn't work. I use Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray and choose the folder with BDMV inside it. Fab identifies the movie, but want place the movie as source. So nothing happens. Also I can not set the quality to BD25, wich I can when using a Blu-Ray disc as source. So am I doing something wrong here?
                            Edit: want not place the movie as source.

Comment

I am not understanding the problem you are having. Maybe someone else has some ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X