Upside Down 3D Region A blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upside Down 3D Region A blu-ray

I have tried to copy Upside Down 3D Region A Blu-ray as it won't play in my Region B Playstation 3.

When I copied it to a 25gb 3D disc the movie freezes after a few minutes.

When I copied it to a 50gb 3D disc the movie freezes every four minutes for about 20 seconds, then continues playing (having missed out 20 seconds).

When I tried to make a 3D SBS MKV - it plays OK but is unwatchable with eye strain. I thought it might be left-right reversed, but putting my glasses on upside down (rather appropriate for this film) really didn't seem to help that much.

Any suggestions please?

Fab seems to have stop supporting 3d with the PlayStation some time ago.A lot of us moved on to media players as a result.

Comment

That's a great shame. I have a media player, but an SBS MKV is only half the horizontal resolution and, in this case, DVDFab's SBS MKV was nauseatingly unwatchable.

Do the "bad" copy discs fare any better in a standalone Blu-ray player? I don't have access to one - I have only the PS3.

Comment

Media players play a side by side 3d fine.I use m2ts 3d side by side with my media player and just about any bluray player or computer will play them.

If you make them on regular dvd disks even a regular dvd player should play them as long as its a newer one that plays data files which side by side 3ds are.

I don't use mkv as they don't play as well on all players so my advise is to make side by sides 3d in m2ts not mkv.You can also keep the hd sound in this format same as whats on the store brought disk.

If you have a 3d media player you can play full 3d with full resolution in 50 gig or 25 gig form they play great on 3d media players.

Put a internal and a burn log file in a post so we can see what went wrong if anything with your MKV side by side 3d.If you have a hdmi output on your computer you can hook it up to your 3d tv and play the MKV side by side with your computer to see if that works.The tv puts the side by side together to make a 3d picture when put in the side by side 3d mode.

I am not so sure MKV can be used with 3d formats and would like to here from a developer if this container can handle 3d in full 3d or side by side and also if it can handle Hd soundtracks as I have not heard of anyone using this container with any luck on making 3d in any form.

Please feel free to jump in here to answer this question as it's come up before with people having problems with MKV and 3d.I don't have the time to test this out still trying to work out the other main 3d problem of getting 3d to work with media players when trying to play a main movie with 2 or more streams in the ssif files it works with full disk but not main movie.

Comment

OK - thanks! I assumed that my media player would not play full resolution side by side files, but I didn't check. It's a fairly cheap SumVision.

I'll go through the logs over the weekend and dig out the relevant bits - or I'll try it again.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
          X