Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Copy Change encoder settings Blu-Ray Copy 3D

Hi,

I'm using the highest settings possible when I'm using Blu-Ray Copy 3D (BD50 to BD25 movie-only). Most times the result is OK, but with longer movies you can clearly see a difference in detail between the original disc and the copy (=re-encode. The method used, ABR-encoding, is not optimal, but I'm sure that the other settings are also far from optimal.

I would like to change the encoder settings preset(s), to use higher encoder settings and get better results. Please, tell me which preset(s) I need to make changes to.

Thank you!

If your talking about full 3d then you can't change the settings of the incoder but you can do main movie and cut the hd sound out that takes a lot of room also take the sub titles you don't need that's the best you can do.

If you make a side by side in 3d ripper you can adjust the bits and size but that's not full 3d.For the longer movies I would just keep it in 50 gig form to get the best results.

Comment

For all my 3D movies I use 50GB discs and clone the movies. Outcome, just like the original disc.And also copy much faster as well.

Comment

Thanks for the answers, but they do not answer my question.

I want to change the used encoder settings used during a 3D copy (re-encode). I'm sure a much better quality is possible. The encoding time will increase, but that's no problem for me and probably others.

Comment

Please change Encoding Settings to "Slow Speed/High Quality" in "Settings -> Blu-ray -> Blu-ray Copy", and try again to see the result, thanks.
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Like I said before, I'm using the highest settings possible.

My question appears to be simple, but I'm only getting answers that do not answer it

Comment

A simple answer is you can't adjust the quality any further than slow/high quality setting in software.

Their is a suggestion topic you can ask for further adjustments to the encoder other than slow high quality maybe a setting called slowest super high quality can be added to a future addition of Fab.

I never heard anyone else asking for this but theirs no reason you can't ask for it in the suggestions to make Fab better as i have seen odd requests get adapted in the past.

Comment

Change Encoder Settings - CABAC For Instance

Is there a way to go in and make changes to the encoder settings? I'm going to "assume" you're using ffmpeg, I would like to go in and adjust profiles / levels, CABAC vs CAVLC, number of reference frames, etc.??? I think that's the question being asked and I would like to do the same. Can this be done?

Comment

I'm sure the DVDFab people know exactly what Divitom and I mean. Giving the people with knowledge about encoding the option to change the encoder settings would change the 3D Copy option from good to great.

Please, give us the option to change the encoder settings. I would gladly use notepad to make changes to an existing profile/preset.

Comment

Working...
                  X