Recommended Blu-ray Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended Blu-ray Drive

I need a descent Blu-ray drive for my PC.

I would like a problem free internal drive that reads even store made blu-rays so I can watch them on my PC without problem.

I use a Windows XP machine. I'll upgrade the PC to something newer after saving up. Then I'll transfer the blu-ray drive to the newer machine.

Any recommendations on an internal Blu-ray drive for a PC that reads and writes well without the hiccups?
    Last edited by electronicbuff; 08-30-2013, 05:01 PM.

I've always had good luck with Pioneer drives.

Take a look here;
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827129074

Over Labor Day they have another $10 off, so it's now $59 with free shipping.

Comment

Maximum PC Magazine consistently ranks the Samsung for almost all of it's "builds" for different cost levels. I just bought one for that reason.

Comment

I have two Pioneer BD burners, one each in XP systems. Working great.

Comment

I'm with the Pioneer as Marty said! Also has been my favorite of Plextor, they are really great!

Comment

I have had good luck with LG. One that I don't recommend is Sony. That one burned out in 1 year. With my LG's, I use Optimum and Verbatum disks without issue.. I use Microsoft Vista on 2 desktops, and Windows 7 on 2 laptops. No issues on any...
            "Are you still master of your domain?"
            Cosmo Kramer

Comment

I'm using an Asus (re-badged Lite-on) and I find it perfect for ripping and burning.

Comment

I've had the best luck over the years with Pioneer, using the Optical Quantum BD-Rs (good and also inexpensive) is a great matchup with this brand. LG's seem to be OK, I have one as a backup and it's been reliable. Anything Sony makes for a computer (that spins a disc) is crap, overpriced and won't last long.

Comment

Working...
                X