Men in Black 3 results in 48 gig file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men in Black 3 results in 48 gig file

I just finished Blu-Ray Copy Men in Black 3 and it produced a 48 Gig ios file! When DVDFab started reading the disk it gave me a warning that it contained Cinava protection. Is that why DVDFab produced such a huge ios file?

I tried full-disk copy again and in the Summary window it said it was going to create a 42 gig file. So I stopped it, and switched to Main Movie only. I hope it won't be that huge again.
    Last edited by AncientDragon; 09-12-2013, 03:17 AM.

What is an "ios" file?

The protection has nothing to do with the size, as that is buried within the audio.

The original disc is more-than-likely a BD50, i.e., dual layer. If you want the copy to fit a BD25 you have to chose the option to create a BD25 disc. The default is a 1:1 copy.

Comment

If you do a full CLONE/COPY of a bluray, your files will be that big, when you get your final .iso file.

What you want to do then is to take your original disk out of the drive, and 'mount' your newly created .iso file using DVDFabVirutalDrive (its free)

Then your .iso file will show up with a drive letter in Windows... like if you had the original disk in the dive.

From that point, go back into DVDFab, and choose FULL DISC or MOVIE ONLY and use the drop-down at the bottom to choose 25GB compression.

Once again, choose to save it to an .iso file somewhere else, and run the job.

Depending on your computer - this could run up to 10hrs.

But when you are done, you will have an .iso that is half the size.
      (around 23GB)

That should fit onto a 25GB BluRay if you are looking to burn to disc, or at least you will end up with a smaller .iso

Ultimately... yes.. bluray is much larger than dvd sizes

Comment

Cinavia, is a copy protection method.. some have it... some dont.
        Here is a list.
        http://blog.dvdfab.com/cinavia-protection.html

it has nothing to do with the size of the file.
        Basically.. cinavia backups will not play on certain players, and there isn't a way around it (as far as using discs go)

Comment

thanks for your answers. I ultimately just ripped to iso file and deleted it.

Comment

Why not just get you a Media Player, which for me is the AIOS player!, and never worry about Cininavia ever again! Cheaper than a new Blu-ray player!

Theres so many out there that can fit your needs! I'm for sure!

Comment

Working...
            X