The Pirates! Band of Misfits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pirates! Band of Misfits

I just got this movie in bluray and having a problem trying to copy it. I keep getting sector read errors in DVDFab 9.0.6.3. But I don't believe it's a bad disk because:
    • It plays perfectly in PowerDvd on the same computer
    • It plays perfectly in Windows Media Player on the same computer
    • It plays perfectly in my real Bluray player
    • I found a third party Bluray copy product that does copy it perfectly (but I'd rather use DVDFab)

If it were a bad disk none of the above would work. Also note DVDFab indicates it is protected with Cinavia.

How do we get to the bottom of this one?

Playing and copying a disk is two different things all together.Post the internal log from fab files under logs(cut and paste into a post or use attach files the log on the bottom) its the newest log so just post the log for the disk in question.

Read errors are caused by dirty disks,dirt on the laser (use cleaning disk) or scratches on the disk being the most common.Deep scratches will cause a disk to be unreadable.You can try to buff them out.One user recommends furniture polish however deep scratches it may not work for but worth a try.In the future try to make backups with new disks so this doesn't happen.

Comment

I appreciate your thoughts. Here's some additional information for thought:
      • This is a brand new disk. There are no scratches (visble).
      • A second computer gets the same sector read errors at the same spot with DVDFab (same version).

The requested log is attached (there was only one in the logs folder).
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X