Copy to ISO Process Extremely Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy to ISO Process Extremely Slow

I'm able to copy the disk in right around 45 minutes but the 'Create ISO process started' portion takes upwards of 24 hours to complete. Looking at the write status it is 0.4x (0.54MBps) which seems unbelievably slow to me for a computer with a Core i7 at 3.2Ghz, 16GB of RAM, and a 256GB SSD. It is being written to a server I have running a SMB share and 12TB of external SATA storage array.

I couldn't say when but I believe this entire process used to take less than two hours for every Blu-ray disk whereas now it is never less than 20 hours. I can post any information needed but this just seems like an unreasonable amount of time. Is there something I'm overlooking?

I don't know about writing to a server but have you defagged your hard drive lately? as this will help increase speed.I would also use ccleaner a free program to clean junk files off your drive slowing things down and you can clean the registry with CCleaner and get rid of junk their also that can slow things down.This is a good start and good to do anyway.Their may have been a Fab server problem also but i believe that's working now.Also check your Fab settings make sure they didn't change.
    Last edited by glenns; 09-29-2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

It's a new install of Windows 7 64-bit and has zero fragmentation. I do appreciate the response though.

Comment

Working...
      X