Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cineva issue

Hello
    I am having a problem with the film Django Unchained.
    Half way through the film I get an errror message saying audi outputs have been temporarily disabled. This is the first time this has happened.
    Also
    I have just bought a new SONY TV which is connected to the internet, could this be the problem ?
    Regards
    Bobt47
    DVDfab 7.0.4.0 - Imgburn 2.5.0.0 - PowerDVD8 Player
    Core i7 920 - 6Gb RAM - GTX295 Graphics - LG BH10LS30 Bluray Writer ( latest firmware).
    Method - Rip full movie to ISO - Open ISO and rip main movie to 25GB - Remove unneeded foreign soundtracks - Burn. at 2X on 4x Traxdata Bluray Discs.

Normally it's your blu ray player that's infected with the Cinavia and will mute the audio after 20 mins. on Sony made blu rays.If you never had this problem before you got the Sony tv when playing movies released by Sony then it's not the player.

1st I heard of a tv doing it but I wouldn't put it past Sony to do so that's why most people here don't buy anything from Sony anymore.

Django Unchained is put out by Colombia and the Winestein company so it's not a Sony film therefor it shouldn't trip the Cinavia detection.Refer to the manual to see what else may cause this.I would bring it back and get a different brand.You can unhook the internet and try to play it but if it's not a Sony film it shouldn't do this.
    Last edited by glenns; 10-06-2013, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Although I rarely disagree with glenns, actually, Django Unchained BD is cinavia protected.

While it's true that the preponderance of cinavia infected BDs are from Sony, other major studios such as Warner Bros, 20th Cent Fox, Disney and Universal utilize this protection scheme.

Here's a list courtesy of Fengtao that's pretty decently updated...it also includes standard dvds.
      Oddly, Fengtao has Django as being produced by Sony...incorrectly...glenns is correct...
      "Django Unchained is put out by Columbia and the Winestein company "

You'll have to scroll down a bit:

Hope this helps

//Edit
      I may have jumped too soon...glenns and I might both be right.
      Apparently, this is studio and region dependent...

From Fengtao:
      "for those, in teritories where the movie is not released by Warner Bros., Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Universal Studios or Disney, the Blu-ray does not have Cinavia"
      Last edited by maineman; 10-06-2013, 03:55 PM. Reason: Correction
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Make an MKV of it and play it back on the TV. Cinavia does not pass through to an MKV file. At least it doesn't on my Panasonic BR player (infected) connected to the Internet.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Also the poster said the mute audio came at the half way point in the movie were as Cinavia kicks in at the 20 min. point making me think this is odd unless the info. posted is wrong and it occurred at the 20 min. mark.

Therefor I stated if other Sony disks played on his player to see if the player was infected or not.If not the player then the new Sony tv connected to the internet may be doing something.

Like i said I wouldn't put it past Sony to do something like this maybe checking a data base for disks with Cinavia and muting the tv after you watch half the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            Make an MKV of it and play it back on the TV. Cinavia does not pass through to an MKV file. At least it doesn't on my Panasonic BR player (infected) connected to the Internet.
            Hey 90,
            ...couldn't agree more.

I haven't burned discs in ~ 3 years or so...
            mkv files, hdds and media players.
            No muss, no fuss and no cinavia.

Plus, it's all done with remotes...I don't even have to get my old, lazy butt outa the chair...
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

You convinced me to get an AIOS a while back so Cinavia means nothing to me, but I have that set top player that's good for testing. It plays MKV files of movies that the backup disc won't play because of Cinavia.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                I tried same as you
                But when i burnt mkv/acc to a disc it picked up cinavia
                But when i put mkv/acc on usb it does not pick up cinavia
                Lg bd player
                ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

I seldom burn discs anymore so I wouldn't have known that, good information thanks!

Albert Einstein

Comment

You knew I had to try it Jonatan, and sure enough when burned to an RW disk the MKV.AC3 pick up Ciniavia and muted the audio. Probably not something I would have ever done, and it never shows up on the USB HDD.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I thought it was strange how it picks up on disc but not usb
                      ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Cinava issue

Hello
                        Thank you all for your replies !
                        The message does indeed come up after 20 minutes not half way through as incorrectly stated.
                        My bluray player is also SONY which I purchased with the TV.
                        Where does all this leave me, do i need to change the bluray player perhaps ?
                        Regards
                        Bobt47
                        Core i7 920 - 6Gb RAM - GTX295 Graphics - LG BH10LS30 Bluray Writer ( latest firmware).
                        Method - Rip full movie to ISO - Open ISO and rip main movie to 25GB - Remove unneeded foreign soundtracks - Burn. at 2X on 4x Traxdata Bluray Discs.

Comment

Cinava issue

Hi Again
                          Isnt there an option to create bluray discs for playback in SONY playstations, Is this the same thing we are talking about ?
                          Regards
                          bobt47

Comment

I have previously posted that the way around the Cinavia detection is to be disconnected to the internet. That is how they know you have a "backed up copy" Even playing a regular DVD that is a backup when connected to the internet, causes the stand alone player to not allow a "Copied" version of a movie. When you are disconnected from the internet, there is no way they know you are trying to watch a copied version of a movie....No one seems to believe me on this, so I have stopped posting on this topic... but I had this problem 1 year ago, with both my free standing players... and once disconnected from the internet... issues all stopped.

I personally don't connect to the internet via my players or TV for this reason, so I don't have either issue.

If you are intent to be connected to the internet, I suggest that you disconnect from it when watching a copied movie, then reconnect for your other uses....

BTW--- I have 2 Sony XBR tvs..... 46" and 55" and don't have these issues as I stated.....

BTW---- Also, I have Django Unchained and no Cinavia issue with mine........

Just saying...
                            Last edited by dcc1048; 10-07-2013, 01:34 PM.
                            "Are you still master of your domain?"
                            Cosmo Kramer

Comment

dcc1048, I've tried your suggestion and it just doesn't work on my equipment. On players manufactured in the last year or so Cinavia detection is on the firmware with or without Internet connection.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X