Cineva issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glenns View Post
    Normally it's your blu ray player that's infected with the Cinavia and will mute the audio after 20 mins. on Sony made blu rays.If you never had this problem before you got the Sony tv when playing movies released by Sony then it's not the player.

1st I heard of a tv doing it but I wouldn't put it past Sony to do so that's why most people here don't buy anything from Sony anymore.

Django Unchained is put out by Colombia and the Winestein company so it's not a Sony film therefor it shouldn't trip the Cinavia detection.Refer to the manual to see what else may cause this.I would bring it back and get a different brand.You can unhook the internet and try to play it but if it's not a Sony film it shouldn't do this.
    FYI, Columbia Pictures is owned by Sony Entertainment.

Comment

90312----

Both my players are about 2 years old, but have had the firmwares updated at the beginning of this year...giving me the up to date version. I know, once that a cinavia issue is detected, you need to go into the settings and clear out the files, cause once it is detected, regardless of disconnecting, it will still remember.

That may be your issue. I don't know, I did that initially when I was connected and don't have the issues anymore......

I doubt I am the only one that "has gotten around this issue".......But I am not complaining, altho you could be right with yours...
      "Are you still master of your domain?"
      Cosmo Kramer

Comment

I have a media player or two so Cinavia is not an issue for me anyway and not worth any more of my time.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Cinavia issue

Hi
          I received this error message but my SONY bluray player is NOT connected to the Internet
          Regards
          Bobt47
          DVDfab 7.0.4.0 - Imgburn 2.5.0.0 - PowerDVD8 Player
          Core i7 920 - 6Gb RAM - GTX295 Graphics - LG BH10LS30 Bluray Writer ( latest firmware).
          Method - Rip full movie to ISO - Open ISO and rip main movie to 25GB - Remove unneeded foreign soundtracks - Burn. at 2X on 4x Traxdata Bluray Discs.

Comment

If you go on the internet you can find and buy unaffected players i have a Panasonic DMP-BD75 blu ray player because it was made before they put the Cinavia in firmware or hardware it's unaffected by Cinavia.

Their are many older models that are not effected and can be brought on Amazon even new or refurbished with warranty mine included they are fairly cheap in price.

Media players are not effected and a lot of us went that route.They are down in price now even a 3d model $130 or so.Check some out on Amazon.Some do 3d others don't.Sony Made Cinavia so we don't buy their stuff.

Comment

I have a lg bp125 bluray player$38 never hooked it up to internet and it detects cinavia
              Ever since i got into media players i kinda forget about cinavia its nice not to worry about tht bs but currently i use xbmc on custom built htpc and i love it
              Don't have to worry about cinavia ,$disc,coasters,fading,scratches,lending them out + i love how it catalogs all my media couldn't be happier and i thank every person on this forum who introduced media player to me
              ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

I agree with 90312's last post...

Agree totally.
                "Are you still master of your domain?"
                Cosmo Kramer

Comment

Working...
                X