3D Clone vs 3D Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Clone vs 3D Copy

I am trying to understand what the difference is. In particular, does cloning a 3D blu-ray disc result in better quality video and audio than copying just the main movie?

I have cloned my copy of GI Joe Retaliation 3D to my hard drive on my PC.

When I open the ISO in Windows explorer and select the file 00800.m2ts I have the following information displayed at the bottom of the window:

Length 01:50:16
    Size: 30.5 GB
    Frame width: 1920
    Frame height: 1080
    Frame rate: 23 fps
    Data rate: 39440kbps
    Total bitrate: 39696kbps

I mounted this cloned ISO and used DVDFab to copy just the movie with the setting being to have the files output to a folder rather than an ISO. So I end up with the AUXDATA, PLAYLIST, STREAM etc folders.

Now when I select the file 00800.m2ts, I have the following information displayed at the bottom of the window:

Length: 01:50:16
    Size: 28.1 GB
    Frame width:1920
    Frame height: 1080
    Data rate: 36297 kbps
    Total bitrate: 36553kbps

Given that I chose to copy the main movie with BD50, why are the size, data rate and total bitrate values different?

I don't want to lose any audio or video quality whatsoever. I prefer to copy the main movie only because I don't have to sit through the ads, warnings etc. It also cuts down on the space used on my hard drives.

But if I am losing any quality in video or audio I'll have to stick with the cloning.

Can someone please explain what is going on?

Thanks in advance.

Your not re encoding anything by using copy main movie so the movie should be exactly the same as full disk or clone.A clone is a exact copy of the disk as its on the disk minus the copy protection.

Full disk will make folders and files and main movie just the main movie all versions don't take anything away to make the movie less clear.Your getting the same resolution on the disk only when reducing the disk size are you loosing information or converting to another format although some profiles such as passthrough maintain full resolution.

When working with 3d always use clone to hard drive then make your main movie in full 3d from the clone.If your going to burn disks or play in 3d uncompressed i would check to see if they play on your 3d player or media 3d player as their were some problems in the past with disks that have more than one ssif file in them playing on some players and media players.

The cure if this is a problem for those problem disks make a 50 gig iso's as they always worked.So check each 3d main movie that's uncompressed (to see if it plays in 3d) before you get rid of the 50 gig iso or disk as the problem disks only played in 2d (Those that have more than one ssif file in them).
    Last edited by glenns; 10-10-2013, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks so much for the detailed reply. It is greatly appreciated.

So I should't worry about the difference in the numbers I quoted above? Is there an explanation for the difference in the numbers?

Thanks again.

Comment

I really don't know why the different numbers don't worry about it.Your main concern was if the different processes produced a difference in uncompressed output they don't.

Comment

Working...
        X