After update program won't run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After update program won't run

Was using 9.0.6.8 this morning with no problems. The updater ran (the new built-in one) and updated to 9.0.7.1 and now the program won't run. I click on the icon in the start menu but nothing happens. It doesn't show up in Task Manager. If I right-click, select properties and previous version I can select to run 9.0.6.8 but it doesn't have my registration information (I have a lifetime registration). I guess I can do a restore but before I do I would like to know if there is a larger issue at hand here. And I did restart the computer a couple of times. Also tried running the program as administrator. Running Win 7 Pro SP1.

Just downloaded the 9.0.7.1 installer from the Internet and ran the standalone installer and now it works. I suspect there may be a problem with the new automatic internal updater that is supposed to make our lives easier.

Comment

When you ran the auto updater it asks you to close Fab before it installs the newly downloaded version i suspect you didn't do this and ran into this problem because you didn't close Fab as i just did it without any problem.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
        When you ran the auto updater it asks you to close Fab before it installs the newly downloaded version i suspect you didn't do this and ran into this problem because you didn't close Fab as i just did it without any problem.
        No, I closed the program as asked. I follow directions.

Comment

Fab Won't register

I did an update to DVD Fab to 9.0.7.2 and for some reason it will not accept the registration I have. Purchased from a local vendor and never had any problems before. This is a never expire license. I still have 8.2.2.9 as a back up.
          The only thing I can think of is that I did update my video card to an
          ATI/ Nvidia GTX660ti 2gb card with the latest drivers r331.65.
          I will check with the vendor again to see if there is something he can do.

Comment

I am running 9.0.7.2 insert a BluRay disc for BluRay copy to find the disc it comes up saying please update to the latest software? I have the latest !

Comment

Originally posted by Beard99 View Post
              I did an update to DVD Fab to 9.0.7.2 and for some reason it will not accept the registration I have. Purchased from a local vendor and never had any problems before. This is a never expire license. I still have 8.2.2.9 as a back up.
              The only thing I can think of is that I did update my video card to an
              ATI/ Nvidia GTX660ti 2gb card with the latest drivers r331.65.
              I will check with the vendor again to see if there is something he can do.
              I am not sure if I did post this, but I did contact the vendor that sold me Fab and I got a new username and password from him and all is well. I will keep the new credentials handy in case of a crash.

Comment

Working...
              X