This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding Main Movie File

Hi, I recently purchased Terminator Salvation and want to make a backup. Generally DVDFab identifies the main movie file and copies a large file withiin 'stream'. However this, along with G Force, copies a load of small files which I'm not sure how to then use with tsMuxer. Any advice with T Salvation to rip a large mts file instead of many small ones? I'm doing the same as my other DVD's which worked fine.

Cheers

It is the way the disk is authored and there is nothing you can do about it.

As this is solely a Fab forum, you will have to look on other forums for assistance with TsMuxer.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by athers View Post
      Hi, I recently purchased Terminator Salvation and want to make a backup. Generally DVDFab identifies the main movie file and copies a large file withiin 'stream'. However this, along with G Force, copies a load of small files which I'm not sure how to then use with tsMuxer. Any advice with T Salvation to rip a large mts file instead of many small ones? I'm doing the same as my other DVD's which worked fine.
      The multiple files is caused by the BD+ protection. At this point there isn't a way to get around it as far as I know.

Comment

Thanks for the info. New to this and the so called BD+...however I know enough to know its a technological cat and mouse and I'm sure the experts here will counter each time new protection comes out... keep up the good work and let us all make copies of our own digital media!!

Comment

Originally posted by Methos View Post
          The multiple files is caused by the BD+ protection.
          I think it's just the way the BD is structured, I have two BD disc that has multiple files but there's no BD+ protection on them.

Comment

Thanks.. Do you know a way of merging them or something... so they will play seamlessly on media streamer? I have WD TV HD and other blue rays are fine..but it can only play one file at a time. Cheers

Comment

TsMuxer can be used to merge the files but you will have to determine what order to merge them manually. The play order is contained in binary files in the PLAYLIST folder.

Comment

Have you merged before? I tried a couple of files but it was noticable on play back as it tended to 'jump' between files using TSmuxer.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by athers View Post
                  Have you merged before? I tried a couple of files but it was noticable on play back as it tended to 'jump' between files using TSmuxer.

Cheers
                  I haven't done it is a while. However, I do seem to remember a certain "feature" in the WDTV that jumped on chapter changes. Maybe you should consult the WDTV forums.

Comment

Working...
                  X