This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated to 6.2.1.8 from 6.2.1.6 Beta...hardware problem [SOLVED]

Interesting! I try to open the program...DVDFab32 is running in Task manager and nothing loads. Program is inoperable.

EVGA X58 Motherboard with i7 920 (not overclocked)
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
    EVGA GTX 260 / 216
    Two WD Velociraptors in RAID 0
    Samsung SH-S223Q
    Pioneer BDR-205
    Thermaltake Toughpower 750 PSU

Thanks

Bob

Does it work if you go back to 6.2.1.6 Beta?

If it does and you have GPU support turned on then try turning it off in the Beta and then retry 6.2.1.8.

Comment

The issue may be bigger than that. I did the reinstall of 6.2.1.6 and found that my BDR-205 has disappeared from Win7. When I rebooted the machine I found it missing in my bios as well. I suspect that a one week old drive is dead...but am currently troubleshooting to see of it is the drive or my motherboard...something is awry...

Comment

Only time I ever lost a optical drive within my bios was after a failed firmware flash attempt.

Comment

The BDR-205 shipped with the latest firmware...no flash...just this issue out of the blue. I am currently restorning my OS from a backup done two days ago and will see what's up...

Comment

Hope it's not a failing drive after just a week but it has happened before with me and an Asus drive. Might also uninstall and reinstall the drive.

Comment

My Pioneer BDR-205 is DEAD! I can't believe it. I swapped SATA cables with my Samsung DVD Burner...and still nothing. When the drive is attached to SATA...my hard drive light is solid blue. When I remove the drive...everything is normal again. I had to RMA to Newegg for a replacement. Can't send back until Monday 1/4...hopefully they will turn a new one around quickly. What a disaster. At one point, I couldn't turn my machine off or even boot up because the machine was hanging on the BD-R drive. Oh well...this happens...

Comment

Working...
              X