BR narration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BR narration

I was playing my copy of Olympus Down and it had a narration during the whole movie. I know this is probably a setting in Fab but which one??

It selected the wrong audio track if you did Movie Only. I would manually select the first English audio track and reconvert. If you already selected the first English audio track and it did the same thing, try the next one you see.

Comment

unwanted narration

I am also having this problem and have been unable to find a solution (tried two different version of DVDFab (the 9070 and 9072).

I have tried several bluray movies and a lot of different settings with the end result of no sound or sound with narration.

Example. Star Trek Into Darkness, automatically came up with English AC-3 /7.1 and /5.1 checked (only two english options) this gave me narration.

I then selected just the 7.1 box, which gave me no sound.

I then tried with just the 5.1 option and still got narration.

I read another post that also talked about going into the common settings under streams, which said to uncheckall of the check boxes under languages and selecting the first track radio button. (the files that I attached are from this trial), I still got unwanted narration.

I am sure this is just a setting problem, but have not been able to find a work around.

Other movies that I have tried are Jack Reacher and Oblivion.
      Can you please choose one of these and walk us through how to set DVDFab up correctly to get rid of the unwanted narration with the screen shots as they are really helpful.

I tried following some of the screen shots with the correct selections in red but have not been able to get rid of the narration.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sitka:What are you using to play back the 7.1 soundtrack? Do you have the equipment to play this? You say when you check 7.1 theirs no sound at all so look in Fab settings and make sure you don't have checked in blu ray copy settings (remove hd audio) see screen shot 178.Also update your Fab program to 9106.

Now in screen shot 180 you see the pull down audio box that should have all the English soundtracks the 7.1 sound should be the first one and the track Fab should select for you (see the black arrow that's the selected track) you can move this black arrow to another sound track but you should not have to.

Here you can un check the other English soundtracks if you want so the narrator track won't be recorded.So in my screenshot example theirs a 5.1 soundtrack selected that's the main soundtrack the other English soundtrack in this case is the narrator track.Sometimes their are 2 different narrator soundtracks and the 7.1 or 5.1 soundtrack sometimes the narrator track can also be 5.1 but Fab should pick the correct track.

On The Star trek movie Fab selects the 7.1hd sound and that's the main soundtrack so the little black arrow should be next to the 7.1 sound on that movie.It may also have a 5.1 non hd sound track and a 5.1 narrator track so if you can't play the HD 7.1 sound then you need the 5.1 regular Dolby track so if that's the case keep all 5.1 soundtracks.

If you keep all the English soundtracks you can switch between them all with your playback device this way your sure to have the correct audio track.
        Last edited by glenns; 07-14-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

unwanted narration

glenns, thank you for responding.

I knew the unwanted narration was an improper setting, and your response let me know that I was using the correct setting, which was the first option that you show in 180 (my choice was English AC-3 TrueHD/7.1).

The reason I could not hear the audio was the playback software that I was using.

I had been testing the different settings (to eliminate the unwanted narration) and was using Windows Media Player to play back my copy.

After reading your post, I downloaded the free VLC Media Player, opened, and played the very same file and now it does have sound.

I now have the proper settings to get sound without narration and I now know not to use Windows Media Player, when testing the copy for playback.

I was so frustrated, that I never thought the software I was using was the problem.

This is where DVDFab's new software would have been beneficial, I had seen the advertisements for DVDFab Media Player, but had not really understood how I might benefit from it.

Thank you!

Comment

I personally use the free program Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) for testing my Blu-ray backups. It gets the job done with many wonderful playback settings and options.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I will check it out.

Comment

Working...
              X