Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu Ray 3d copies stutter and don't playback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray 3d copies stutter and don't playback?

Hey guys,
    I just made some copies of some 3D blu rays I had using main movie to an ISO on my HD. I then burned the ISO onto a 50 gb blank disc. The movie plays fine for a bit then starts to stutter and pauses during playback on my ps3.

I used the optical quantum dual layers which use to work fine. The only thing I did differently this time around was placing the ISO on the HD first then later on placing it on a disc. Previous discs worked fine using fab(older version of course) but rather cloning it all at once.

Do I have to do the entire process of ripping and burning to disc as one step for 3d discs to work properly?

I also tried using DVD fab burn as well as img burn both with same result.

Thoughts??

Go back to the version of Fab that worked well.Most of us gone to media players because Play station always had problems with Fab disks.Make sure your not burning the disk to fast use recommended speed in fab or 1/2 disk speed IE 8x disks burn at 4x.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
      Go back to the version of Fab that worked well.Most of us gone to media players because Play station always had problems with Fab disks.Make sure your not burning the disk to fast use recommended speed in fab or 1/2 disk speed IE 8x disks burn at 4x.
      So after further reading, it seems the latest V9 has issues with the ps3? I had used v8 for the previous discs I burned which worked!

I can try that. I ripped them without disabling cuda or lightening, will that matter?? I will also make sure the writing speed is set to 2 being my discs are 4x.

Anything else?

Comment

That may cure the problem.When it comes to the Play station use whatever you did before if it works don't change anything except burn speed.

Comment

That may cure the problem.When it comes to the Play station use whatever you did before if it works don't change anything except burn speed.
          So just pick the latest v8? What about newer movies and copy protection? I assume I can't use the existing ISO files then burn in v8 right. I should start from scratch using v8?

Comment

Use what ever version you were using when it worked.You can burn iso's made with a different version.If you used version 8 then keep using it if you run into a new copy protection version 8 can't take out use version 9 to take it out by putting it on the hard drive first that's the proper way to do it for 3d anyway.

Make a iso then you can burn it with Fab burner in version 8 or img burn.
            You should try it with version 9 and 4x in this case as that may be the reason for the problem you have.You should have 1 rewritable 50 gig disk for testing so you don't have to burn a disk that may not play.

Comment

I appreciate the help. Still unsure if it's worth burning a copy of the original ISO I made in v9 or if I have to start over using v8 for everything.

I'm confused if fab is causing issues during the burning or ripping process? You mentioned trying v9 with the 4x setting, I believe I had tried that although recommended was used as the burn speed??

I do need to buy a re writable but for now I have none. That's why I'm trying to determine the most logical way of doing 3d copies

Comment

Do you know what version number the version 8 program is that you used when it worked? if so and you don't have it anymore I can show you where to re download it from.

I would start over and use that version from the start because it worked before.If the new movie has a copy protection that's new then you still could use version 9 to rip to hard drive then burn with version 8.

We don't know if the rip or the burn is the reason it jumps could be even something else only way to find out is to make both and try.If you used recommended speed with Fab it should be ok.

There's a 3d Micca g2 media player on sale for $100 at amazon this will play 3d from a external hard drive a 3t one costs about $140 this is the way things are going no burning disks no Cinavia problems and plays anything.You may want to look into it.

Comment

Do you know what version number the version 8 program is that you used when it worked? if so and you don't have it anymore I can show you where to re download it from.

I would start over and use that version from the start because it worked before.If the new movie has a copy protection that's new then you still could use version 9 to rip to hard drive then burn with version 8.

We don't know if the rip or the burn is the reason it jumps could be even something else only way to find out is to make both and try.If you used recommended speed with Fab it should be ok.

There's a 3d Micca g2 media player on sale for $100 at amazon this will play 3d from a external hard drive a 3t one costs about $140 this is the way things are going no burning disks no Cinavia problems and plays anything.You may want to look into it.
                  Don't recall what v8 I used but I do know where to find them. I guess I will just pick the latest version and start from scratch.

Should I have all settings to "software" rather than cuda, lightening, etc?

Thanks.

Comment

If it ain't broke don't fix it.If You used Cuda and lightning before when it worked then keep them.If you don't remember try both.
                    Last edited by glenns; 11-28-2013, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Sounds good! One more question. When I try v8 do I use fabs burning engine or Img burn as the setting in fab? If I were to use v8 with img burn wouldn't that be identical to using v9 with img burn?

This is more complicated than I expected, yikes!

Comment

Version 8 & 9 are very different.What did you use when they worked Fab burn engine or img burn? Try to use what worked before.

Comment

I always have used img burn with Fab. So how would img burn differ when burning a disc whether using fab v8 or v9? Img burn would essentially be the same version right or is fab doing something during this process as well?

Comment

Img burn gets updated also and is a good professional burn program.You can do more settings with it than the Fab burn engine.

With 3d disks you can only use img burn for the burn if the Fab 3d disk is made into a ISO first.You cannot burn a 3d disk with img burn if you made a full disk or main movie to folder first then you must use the Fab burning engine to burn the disk for 3d.

My point is this you said you had no problems using a older version of Fab and img burn so my advise is to keep using the same Fab version and same burn engine that worked in the past as long as the Fab version will take out the copy protection.

Both versions use the Fab server that gets updated all the time however their are some updates that must be made to the program itself to take out some newer copy protections in that case sometimes Fab updates the version 8 program every so often so we can still use it for newer copy protections that need to be used at the program level not the server level.This is my understanding.

With this said The PlayStation updates it firmware also and often has a history not working with 3d disks made with Fab I use to have one so I can tell you.I like so many others converted over to using a media player and external hugh hard drives to store disks on so as to not have this problem,not have a problem with Cinavia protected disks that won't play on any regular player or game system and to have all movies stored on 1 drive to play back any format with the media player.The 3d Micca ep600 g2 media player is only $100.00 US dollars now at amazon a great buy for all it does.Happy Thanksgiving.
                            Last edited by glenns; 11-28-2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Well some good news. I took the original 50 g main movie ISO from v9 and converted it down to 25gb ISO using virtual drive using v9. I then used img burn set to 2x speed and burned it to a disk and it worked!

Not sure why it worked?? Oh well. Could it be the write speed change?

Happy turkey day!!

Comment

Working...
                              X