Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Copy Relative Newbie with 3D copy issues

Hi All

I have tried to copy several blu-ray 3D movies (world War Z and flying monsters)to stream via my computer to my LG BP620 blu-ray player and my home cinema.

I can copy OK to SBS but when I try a `direct` 3D copy I end up with 2 x mpeg stream files (is this correct). When I play on either Nero on PC (only 2D display on PC but no visual evidence of 3D content) or blu-ray player the movie only appears in 2D, is this correct also ?

1. I have tried previous versions of DVDfab 8 & 9 (also betas) with no change.

2. Have tried copy via virtual drive and ISO as per forum thread suggestions.

3. Burnt to BD25 disk without success.

4. I have a fully licensed copy of `copy Blu-ray` but not of `blu-ray ripper`.

5. Have changed the 3D viewing protection settings in common settings

Am I doing something wrong or is direct 3D copy not possible? Is it a problem with LG player not recognising content even after burning ? All product documentation suggests this should be OK.

Do not mind SBS (not die hard on resolution here) but optima projector and kit set up for `real` 3D and therefore would be much neater to stream in `native`3D rather than have to change to SBS.

Any guidance much appreciated

Many Thanks

Boothy

If I were you I wouldn't stream full 3d as theirs way to much information.3d disks have 2 or more stream files and hd audio sound up to 7.1 channels of audio and they don't stream well.Side by sides are fine to stream.

Copy a 3d disk as a 50 gig iso copy to hard drive first then burn the 50 gig disk use Fab burning engine in Fabs blu ray settings for burning 3d iso's or imgburn if you have it. or if reducing to 25 gig disk make sure you pick (copy in full 3d).Use the 25 gig disk in the player.Use hdmi hi speed cables from your bluray player to your 3d projector or 3dtv.Burn the disk at half the blanks disk rated speed so if 8x disk burn at 4x you can change this in Fabs blu ray burner settings and leave all blu ray settings to Fab default don't change anything as far as unchecking taken out different protections so if you changed them set them back to Fab defaults for blu ray settings.

When playing 3d iso from the computer you must use a 3d software player and 3d screen not a regular player that gives you 2d not 3d.
    Last edited by glenns; 12-01-2013, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your response glenns

I have tried all you have suggested. I have also tried burning output with no success. All cables etc are to current specifications, I fully upgraded home cinema a few months ago.

I make note of your comment about streaming SBS, that makes a lot of sense and have already defaulted settings.

I will attach relevant logs has your signature suggests.

Many thanks for your response.

Boothy
      Attached Files

Comment

You must change in Fab settings under blu ray burner from your vso burner setting to Fab burner.Fab burner must be used for burning 3d or img burn will work with iso's only if you have that program.Vso burner will not work for 3d blu rays see screen shot how to change this.
        Last edited by glenns; 07-14-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I definitely have settings set to DVDfab burning engine, does the log suggest otherwise? should I look at uninstalling vso burner ?

Thanks

Boothy

Comment

Hi glenns

thank you for your support.

I have just ran world war z from iso and copied to folder ,I had previously deleted all old logs therefore the logs attached are current, I did notice the DVD write option was set to VSO but the bluray option set to dvdfab burning engine, I have since changed and both are now set to dvdfab burning engine. ( I have used up the last of my blank bluray disks testing so therefore a burn test will have to wait to later in the week.)

Thanks

boothy
            Attached Files

Comment

The burn log has no information in it and your internal log file shows no burn information so I can't help you until I see burn information.

The first burn log you sent was a vsoburn log I was looking for the file that says dvdfab_burn and the internal log so when you get me the correct logs then I will see if I can help you.The second set of logs had all the log files but no burn information.

The burn log I asked for will tell me if your using junk blank disks and any burn errors, if you burned to fast and firmware version your using. you using.

You can in the mean time check your blu ray drives firmware to see if you have the latest firmware sometimes updated to run more brands of disks and take out any bugs in the firmware.Check on the drives internet sight for updated firmware.If their is a update read flashing directions.

Comment

Working...
              X