This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding Main Movie

I'm trying to strip the movie from BD discs that have been ripped to .iso files on my HDD. I frequently find more than one track that is long enough to be the movie itself. The track(angle) and possibly the chapters differ, but the format, audio, play time and aspect ratio are identical.

For example in Frost/Nixon there are 3 tracks (0, 1 and 102) with chapter entries of 21, 2 and 1 that all have the same play time 2:01:57, aspect 16:9, format 1080p/VC1 and 4 audio options.

In one case, Worlds Greatest Dad , I found that there were also 2 tracks that were over 4:05 and seemed to be the entire disc. The movie itself was on a track that was listed as 1:38:41

What is the magic in the authoring of BD discs? They seem to have a number of paths to the movie. How can I select the best one for a Movie Only copy?

Mike

Hi Mike,and welcome.

This is a rather new phenomena that we are seeing in new releases, and the best thing to do is to play the movie in a stand alone player and observe the chapter that shows when the movie is played.

That then is the chapter that you want to select and rip to your HDD for back up.

Comment

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I don't have one lol.. Have blue ray on laptop and am sending my movies to a media centre. I am just trying to use another programme to merge the files output by FabDVD HD.. They seem to play together ione after the other - in the correct sequence.
      I'll have to see if a mate will let me play with their player!!

Cheers

Comment

Sorry... I added a post about exactly the same issue and thought this was my post..hence this bizarre bloke butting in.. Soz

I have same issue and cant find way to beat it...frustrating..If all new DVD's are like this then real issue.

Comment

Originally posted by athers View Post
          Thanks for this. Unfortunately I don't have one lol.. Have blue ray on laptop and am sending my movies to a media centre. I am just trying to use another programme to merge the files output by FabDVD HD.. They seem to play together ione after the other - in the correct sequence.
          I'll have to see if a mate will let me play with their player!!

Cheers
          The software player on your laptop should allow you to see the title too. You may have to look hard for it or try to change the title to see what it is already on.

Comment

Working...
          X