Blu-ray Player Won't Load Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Player Won't Load Movie

Hi everyone. I've used DVDFab for a few years now to help back up my DVDs and I've always had excellent results. I just got a Pioneer BDR-XD04 Blu-ray burner, so now I can back up my Blu-rays. I'm using the trial before I decide to buy. I tried copying "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie" to a DVD/5 and it worked fine using Cyberlink Power 2Go to burn it. I did a Full Disc backup of "The Rocketeer" to a 25 GB disc (no compression was needed because it came up at just under 23 GB for the entire Blu-ray) using the built-in burning program, and it works perfectly on my Blu-ray player.

My problem comes in when I have to compress. A couple of days ago, I tried "John Carter" because it has quite a lot of stuff on it, and it's been out for a while, so it should also be easy to copy. I went to Customize mode so I could get rid of foreign language audio and subtitles. I got rid of the subtitles, but I couldn't find the audio. There's a Spanish and French language track, but none of them were listed in the audio options (I clicked every option, but I couldn't find them). Anyway, I got it down to 42-something GB, and then I copied it to my hard drive. I then shrunk it to fit on a 25 GB disc, getting it to 53% (took 11 and a half hours to shrink it). Then I burned it with ImgBurn. Oh, I was using v9.1.1.1 for it and have since updated it to v9.1.1.5.

I put it in my Blu-ray player and went through all the special features, the menus, everything, and everything was perfect (video was excellent, audio, etc.). Then I tried to load the movie, and nothing. The little disc on the screen kept spinning and spinning, and nothing. I had to eject the disc just to try again. I tried accessing the movie through the Play option, the Scene Select option, and through the Special Features/Audio Commentary option, and it still won't load the movie.

I checked the DVDFab logs, the ImgBurn logs, and everything seemed to be okay. Should I have tried just using the internal burner? Was there a glitch when I used DVDFab? If someone can help me out, I'd appreciate it. I have the trial until January 3rd, and I'd like to make sure that everything works fine before I pay for the program. I can post my log files if needed. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Post your internal and imgburn logs do so anytime you have trouble.

Comment

Okay, here is my log for when I copied the full disc to my hard drive. I tried compressing it first, but it was taking too long. I cancelled, then copied the full disc (having already done the Customize option). I think this log has both, because the full disc copy didn't take that long.

Comment

Sorry, here's the attachment:
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's my log from when I compressed:
          Attached Files

Comment

Finally, here's my burn log:
            Attached Files

Comment

Lightning-Recoding (accelerate H.264 software decoding and encoding) enabled

Turn lightning recording off in Fab software and try again.

Comment

Okay, I'll try doing that. I won't be able to do it until the weekend because of the long conversion time, but I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks!

Comment

Okay, I tried doing it without Lightning Recording, and it's not turning out to be a good option. After doing a full disc backup to my hard drive, I went to Customize Mode and removed all foreign language, trailers, and warnings. It said that it would be compressed to 61% to fit on a 25 GB disc. I started the process. Every time I checked, the Estimated Remaining Time always said 00:00:00 and the status bar always said 0%. It was encoding at about .12 MB/S most of the time. Anyway, I let it run all night (almost fifteen hours), and when I came back to it, it said 0%. I checked the folder, and only 3.74 GB had been completed. I think it might be better to just turn the Lightning Recording on and hope that the finished disc can work properly on my Blu-ray player.

As a side note, I tried playing my first disc on my computer, and everything worked properly. The movie just doesn't load in my Blu-ray player. The first time I burned, I used ImgBurn instead of the DVDFab internal burner. Could that be the reason the first disc didn't work?

I'd like to be able to shrink my Blu-rays to a 25 GB disc, but if the only option is to have it take that long to encode, I'd rather wait until 50 GB discs get a lot cheaper or the DVDFab technology improves to where the encoding speed greatly increases. I'm attaching my latest log. Any suggestions on what I can do would be greatly appreciated.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Try another brand of blank disks as the disk you used the only burn speed img burn could burn this blank disk was 2x so I am thinking maybe that's a problem as a disk burning with only a 2x choice is normally a cheap disk that can only be burned at the lower burn speed or not at all.I believe this is the problem because the disk plays fine on the computer.
                    Last edited by glenns; 12-15-2013, 12:26 AM.

Comment

The discs that I'm using are the Philips White Inkjet Printable BD-Rs (BR216B25F/27). There were about 58 reviews on Amazon, and almost all of them were five-stars. I don't remember if I set the burn speed to 2X or if it was automatic, as I generally always go with the slowest burn speed to try to reduce any errors. The two discs that I didn't have to compress to fit on a 25 GB disc, came out perfect using DVDFab's internal engine burning at the slowest speed.

I'll try a few different things. I'll try a different blank disc and I'll also try using DVDFab's internal engine, as well. Thanks, and I'll let you know how it turns out.

Comment

This may be a dumb thought, but did you try and read the disk thru your computers Explorer to verify that the disk in fact has the 2 files on it for video and audio?

Just thinking that maybe the disk didn't write the info onto it for some strange reason...

Just a thought.
                        "Are you still master of your domain?"
                        Cosmo Kramer

Comment

I think it could be my Blu-ray player. I tried the disc in a friend's Blu-ray player, and it worked fine. I checked to see if there was a firmware update for my player, and there hasn't been one in two years. The two Blu-rays that I didn't have to compress work perfectly. Maybe, for whatever reason, my player has issues with a compressed Blu-ray. Although everything else loaded fine and played beautifully, except of course, the movie. If I can find a cheap 50 GB disc, I'll try burning the whole Blu-ray and see if it works.

Comment

Working...
                          X