This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Burning of Blu-Ray

I have a Pioneer BDR-203 on a Gigabyte machine with quad core processor with 8 gig of ram. I have the Dec 31st version of the software. When B to B starts to burn, it starts out about 2x (8x burner), but at approximately 45% of the burn, the software slows down to 0.1x. It takes almost 4 hours to burn a 25gig disk. Other software burns at the proper speed.

Any idea what may be causing the problem?

easiest way is to rip the movie to your drive, and burn using ImgBurn separately.

Comment

I have a fairly powerful machine with an intel quad extreme at 3.7ghz, 4gb memory and win 7 32. My burner is fairly new and can burn up to 8X. I use DVDFab for everything, ripping, compressing and burning. All works well and fast. If I am using BD25 on a larger than 25GB BD, the compression process takes about 45 minutes and the burn around 15 minutes. My drive starts out at 1X, jumps to 4X in the middle and throttles down at the end. The entire process takes about an hour. I go BD to BD where the source and the target drive are the same. This effectively rips to a temp folder on the hard drive, prompts me to put in a blank and then burns it. So I am using the hard drive to rip to. I have never had a need to introduce imgburn into the mix. I know a lot of people here supplement with it. I haven't had a reason to do so. DVDFab works great for me.

Comment

Working...
      X