X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No DTS Audio After Rip to Folder?

Greetings:

I've been using DVDFab for a while - I rip our DVD/BD to our server for later viewing.

I've recently run into a challenge though - I tried to rip a BD which only had a DTS-HD audio track and the rip appears to have no audio (I dont have any tools to open the file to check the contents of the container)

In DVD Fab there is only 1 audio track to select (and its selected) - the remove HD audio check box is unchecked.

I tried a few variations but got the same result; main movie vs customize

Strangely:
    - If I play the BD on the computer straight from the disk - no problems
    - If I rip a BD with DTS-HD and say AC/3 - no problems, the rip plays properly.

Am I missing something ?
    TIA
    Garry

You neglected to mention the playback device.

Comment

Originally posted by gblack View Post
      Greetings:

I've been using DVDFab for a while - I rip our DVD/BD to our server for later viewing.

I've recently run into a challenge though - I tried to rip a BD which only had a DTS-HD audio track and the rip appears to have no audio (I dont have any tools to open the file to check the contents of the container)

In DVD Fab there is only 1 audio track to select (and its selected) - the remove HD audio check box is unchecked.

Strangely:

Am I missing something ?
      TIA
      Garry
      You could use MediaInfo (freeware) to look at the ripped video file details.
      Q9550/W7 Home 32bit/GT9600/3gb RAM/6TB storage/SageTV/HD200

Comment

Which movie it was ?
        I got the same problem with 5-6 movie protected with BD+ and with DTS audio tracks (they are all produced by 20th Century Fox).
        I've wrote it here:

No solutions with the latest version (works only with Personal Computer).
        [My Pc] Case: Antec Twelve Hundred, Cpu: Intel Core i7 - 860, M/b: Asus P7P55D, Ram: 2 x 2 Gb Patriot DDR3 1600 Low Latency, Video: Sapphire Ati Radeon 5770 1 Gb GDDR5, Power: Corsair 620 HX, Hard-Disks: 320Gb WD RE3 Sata-II + 1 Tb WD Green Ed. Sata-II, OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
        Licensed Customer from January 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by gblack View Post
          Greetings:

Strangely:

Garry
          hi, thanks for report this problem

first, please make sure you are using the latest version of DVDFab.

second. please tell us, which disc have this problem, which will help us to lock the problem.

Comment

Inglorious Bastards has the same problem. The thing with this movie is that the only audio option that you can select is DTS HD. I am having the dame problem also with Wolverine. Im assuming that the techs are getting on top of this. Its weird that a brand new comp wont support DTS HD audio after the rip.

Comment

Are you playing it back with software that supports Blu-ray format? If so what is it and are you selecting the m2ts file directly?

Comment

I am using windows media player that came with windows 7. the picture quality is amazing. it just doesnt suppport the DTS HD format

Comment

Thats because WMP doesn't have the correct codecs installed for support, you'll need K-lite mega package or software that is meant for Blu-ray format such as TMT3.

Comment

K-lite mega? TMT3? could you please elloborate on what those are, I am new to this. Sorry. Where would i find this software

Comment

K-Lite codec pack and Total Media Theatre 3. GOOGLE is your friend.
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Can a Mod on this sub-forum please combine these threads?
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                        X